Byprosis :(

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a frag I got had byprosis and in just glued down most of my frags in my new tank. It's not bad but I don't think I can get some of the plugs off and don't really want to drain the tank. I know there's been success with kent m tech and I have heard there are a few inverts that will eat it. Any ideas thoughts. I actually beat this another time by raising my mag for 2 weeks and it disappeared but now it's got back on a random frag I didn't notice. So whats your thoughts. I also have another tank still up and running that I have thought of trying to get what I could into that one if I can get the frags off. If not then looks like I'm playing the Kent's game again. Also any one know of anything that eats byprosis at all. Thanks again.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Critters that eat Bryopsis is hit and miss, your normal CUC can eat it.
I'd stick with the Kent Tech M and raising your MAG up, that outta do the trick.

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It worked in the past im just bummed i already have tp do this in my new tank. Looks like it already got on some of my rock otherwise id just take out the frags and do them in a seperate tank

SAKTEK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Kent's Tech M. TBH I think I went overboard with it and never had any adverse affects on my tank. It's been about 15 months since the bryopsis disappeared, and til this day I haven't had to add any mag to my tank. HTH!!!

Too2short

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fought it like a plague for over 8 months and was on the verge of tearing it all down even with 10% weekly water changes. Bought a sailfin tang and he simply devoured it.

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i started slowy raising mag with kents tech m. Already up to 1600 gunna try to get up to 1800 slowly going up about 50 mm a day. Hope it works

cmantis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried kent m. Tried lettuce nudis. If kent m isnt working get a bristletooth tang and blunt end sea hare.

Rasengan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i too used kent m...the bryopsis kind of slowly withered and melted away...for the ones that stayed, a quick turkey baste dislodged them off the rock...then i did a few water changes to slowly bring the mg back down

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back