Cyano

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does water movement in the DT have to do anything with syano getting some going to add some chemiclean today I know the system is justva month old and it still going through some cycles even though everything in it is from my 75 and is about two years old , can it be the skimmer I know is small for the system but it brings out a lot of skimm is an octopus 75h I clean the cup about twise a week and I have dry skimming advice

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, movement can directly impact cyano growth - increased water movement keeps it at bay in most cases.

Bluelobstor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually cyano grows in spots where flow is dead. Increasing flow in that area will usually do the trick but that is a patch not a cure.

Bluelobstor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on the flow looking to buy another koralia 1050 or the wp40 wave maker its all about the money

Ain't that the truth. Have you checked those wave makers from China. Amazon sells them and they seem like they are worth the money.

alohadood

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buh. Stay away from the sunsun systems. Go with the jaebo kids for a 75. The 40 will blow the crap out of your tank. You will end up running them on 20% flow... the 25 are plenty and you can get em at fish-street.com W a controller for like 110 for two. Great deal.

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tank is a month old I would not sweat the cyano. I'd keep an eye on it, but like you mentioned a new tank is going to have an algae cycle. I'm sure you know, but be careful with chemiclean. It reduces oxygen so keep the skimmer going and make sure you have enough surface agitation.

The wp pumps are great, but they are fire hoses. Check out the new jaebos RPs I think? I have heard the flow pattern is gentler and closer to that of the MPs

OP
OP
sbazain

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They told me to shot down the skimmer due tonmaybe overflow because of the excess bubbles the chemiclean makes anyways today am going to turn it back on

OP
OP
sbazain

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyways the sand is new so it should get some syano all the rocks are clean keeping an eye on that dont want it to get out of hand .

alohadood

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up paying the price of a normal higher end unit when all was said and done after replacing parts on two units. And having to buy whole new units for another set. Just very low quality gear from what I have had in hand.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not hear anything in terms of the wp jabeo pumps being a fire hazard. I have a wp-25 on my 65 in addition to one koralia and I have a nice amount of flow.

alohadood

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a fire hazard issue with regards to the older model of the dual pump controller. It itself caught fire. But I am sure this was a caught fire like the odysea halides burned down hundreds of homes. And might have actually caught fire once... I have a set of the jaebo my 40s and 25s woth the new powerbrick and controllers. And a set of real mp40s. The quality is different. But not as bad as a sun sun vs koralia say.

Bluelobstor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up paying the price of a normal higher end unit when all was said and done after replacing parts on two units. And having to buy whole new units for another set. Just very low quality gear from what I have had in hand.

oh ok you have had a bad experience with them. For $18 for two I think I may go ahead and buy next paycheck. I figure it is not too much of a gamble if it don't work out.

alohadood

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah just quality issues. Never a problem with them exploding electrically and taking the tank out. They are a good standby while you gather funds for upgrading for sure. Or great for sums or water mixing statikns

Bluelobstor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have considered the wp10. Not sure if it is too much flow for 20g standard. I believe on low setting it still puts out 530gph.

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not hear anything in terms of the wp jabeo pumps being a fire hazard. I have a wp-25 on my 65 in addition to one koralia and I have a nice amount of flow.
Is this in reference to my post? I said fire hoses as in the flow is powerful and direct right in front of the unit.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 61 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.0%

Back