green bubble algae

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do i get rid of it ? I only have 2 that i notice and see its on.the rock that my anem is attached to ... Dont want to disturb him

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do i get rid of it ? I only have 2 that i notice and see its on.the rock that my anem is attached to ... Dont want to disturb him

If you pop one of those bubbles in your tank then its everywhere. take the effected rock out, carefully cut the bubbles off. Scrub the area with a soft bristle brush, rinse it. Then place it back into the tank

trueblackpercula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
remove the entire rock from the tank if you can and remove them. if the algea bubble burst in the water column it will casue more to grow. There are emerald crabs ( females ) that eat it very affectivily. good luck and keep us posted

OP
OP
ReeferRookie

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havnt. Bougbt or touched it yet. I still only have the two. Bubbles ive been tryimg to encourage my anem off the rock

Steven C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How reef safe are the emerald crabs also with fish and inverts cause i have a large problem with bubble algea

Sn4k33Y3z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never understood the theory to "be careful when removing bubble algae as you don't want it to pop". Emerald crabs don't eat them whole... they pop! So I'm confused LOL.

Steven C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so in a bigger tank like my 56 column tank i was told to get multiple emerald crabs is this ok and how many do you guys think is fine?

dwebb1031

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two in my 75 gal could probably use 1 or 2 more. It really depends on the rest of your clean up crew, you don't wanna over crowd and a nice even distribution of critters for every clean up job is good.

75g reef

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back