Something Weird!!!! Fuzzy Live rock!! HELP

newreefchic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been set up since summer but between being pregnant and other Issues I fell way behind on water changes ect. My skimmer went out. So I just got a bh1000 on my biocube. Phosphates are .25 nitrates at 5. Ph is low but I have no corals or fish only one snail and one crab that survived the ice storms. Anyway my live rock, some places on my sand and glass has this brownish grey short hairy looking stuff on it. Does not have air bubbles that I can see. It also will grow on other algae it seems. Light also doesn't seem to effect it a I have left the lights off a lot. I really wanted to get animals at the store sat,but I don't know what this is or how to get rid of it. Are there any ideas as to what this is and will any critters eat it? Thx

g6gang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had fuzzy looking rocks for a while. I beleive it basically boiled down to a bacteria imbalanced. I started to does 'good bacteria' and then it eventually went away. For me it was still a relatively new system. It my case it was a whitish color and sometimes had bubbles.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back