Lets get started...

DizzyD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm 26 and have had aquariums all my life. Over the last 3 years I've been very successful with freshwater planted aquariums. I have 5 tanks ranging from 2 Gallons to 30 gallons. All of them are planted and stable aquariums that I mainly do water changed and clean the filters.

My girlfriend calls it my obsession, but has told me that I can keep my hobbie as long as I have at least 1 saltwater tank when we move in together later this year. I've always been interested in saltwater, so it seems like a natural time to put one together, but for some reason saltwater is extremely intimidating to me. It could be the higher cost, the rediculous amount of equipment, or maybe all the plumbing I see going into reef tanks. I don't know. I wish I knew an experienced saltwater hobbiest and didn't live so far away from some of the awesome hobbie stores that are in VA.

Anyway, I will be doing my best to absorb knowledge over the next few months so that when My girlfriend and I get a place together, I can get started. From my experience in freshwater, I know that patience and knowledge can save you a lot of money...

I'll Be posting another thread in the beginners section with the same title so If you want to help out a newb, Lets get started...

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater fishkeeping can seem intimidating, definitely. But you're in good hands, there's lots of experienced people here and plenty of good articles, tips, and solutions to your questions. Dive in! You'll do great :]

m1supertanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! Newby here, 3 months into reefing ( from freshwater), bought an established 100 gal. Battling nitrates currently and wondered if there was any experience with a product that sounds similar to vodka (carbon) dosing. It is called "absolute zero nitrates" and comes with a dosing schedule that starts light then tapers up rapidly.
Would love some help!

Back