Hi guys totally new to the fish keeping community

Mikemack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi again

As you can probably already tell from my username my names mike.
I have always been obsessed with the thought of having my own aquarium ever since seeing my steps dads tropical fish tanks when I was younger.
I absolutely gasping to start my own marine tank however i have to wait until me and my other half move into our new house (its killing me).
Although I am using this time to research as much as possible.
I have found the tank I am after and I think it may be a bit over kill for a beginner but what from what Ive seen so far is that it is best to get as big as you can accomodate and afford as its easier to maintain.
Any way thanks for reading guys. :)

cpayne015

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are absolutely correct....I started with 30 gal then went to 58 gal then went to 75 and then added 65 tall and now I sold the 75 and went with a 120

OP
OP
M

Mikemack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha I can believe that.
Ive not got mine yet but it wont be for a while and Im totally addicted already.
Every day Im online researching and looking at videoes of reefs on youtube.

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! How big of a tank are you looking at getting? You're correct though with the bigger the easier it is to maintain levels without huge changes.

Be prepared to be addicted to always reading new things about saltwater lol

OP
OP
M

Mikemack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I was going to go all out on a 7ft x 2.5 x 2.5 however I didnt actually realize just how big that was(I do have the room but even then thats too big) so I am looking at a 5ftx2.5x2.5 tank which works out to be about 180 gallons.

Thanks for all the welcoming messages too guys :)

Mjpisanti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also new to this website and you chose the right one! every problem i've had that's seemed unsolvable in the lfs is clearing up after the advice i've gotten from other users on this site. Good luck with new home and tank!!!

Rale2001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell us more details about the tank you seeking after does it come with anything or is it just a tank

OP
OP
M

Mikemack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well the tank I am now looking at will come with the holes predrilled and a cabinet with all the holes drilled and the baffle for the over flow fitted.
they do supply sumps and pumps and protein skimmers however I am still looking into whats the best things to get for all the machinery so I havent decided on any of that stuff yet this is the website.
Aquarium Manufacturers, Aquarium Accessories, UK

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back