So far this has been great!

seanocode

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, really starting to enjoy this hobby. I live in a small town and the nearest lfs is 2 1/2 hours away. Started this thread to hoping to discuss my setup and get 2nd opinions on what I'm doing and what's happening with my system. So far so good. Tank has been running since march 2014. Been taking everything extremely slow, set up, cycling, lights, etc. I have never added any chemicals or additives to my system, just kinda letting nature run it's course. Anyways if your interested would love to visit.
Currently running 110 tall, 55 fuge downstairs, 120 lbs marco rocks, 20 lbs live rock,
Tao tronics tt al16 LEDs. Jebo protein skimmer.
Livestock 2 clowns 1 onyx 1 ocellares
1 red and green blastomussa. Just added this week
1 red bubble tip anemone with white tips. Also added this week
8 ceriths
1 turbo
5 nassarius

OP
OP
seanocode

seanocode

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help! Can't seem to get out from in front of my tank. Way better than TV, and all I have to look at is what's list above.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha they'll do that to you. I couldn't keep my eyes off my tank even when it was empty. It didn't even have live rock in it, it was all dry rock lol.
How's the taotronics light working for you? I've been looking at them for a while.

OP
OP
seanocode

seanocode

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far it seems to be doing justice. I' need to get another one, but I wanted to wait and see what it was like before I got 2 or 3. Remember I have nothing to compare them to but they seem to still get bright light to the bottom of the 31" tall tank. That's what I was afraid of. As far as the dry rock, I know that's pretty much what I'm looking at too. The moon lights are pretty bright. Fans are quite. Lights were just added three weeks ago so pretty new still. Hope I didn't mess anything up by waiting so long.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF! We're very glad you joined and hope that you will enjoy the forums, enter contest, start a tank thread, and just be a part of our family friendly community!

Start a new tank thread here: Member Tanks

Enter a FREE contest here: R2R Giveaway and Contest Forum

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far it seems to be doing justice. I' need to get another one, but I wanted to wait and see what it was like before I got 2 or 3. Remember I have nothing to compare them to but they seem to still get bright light to the bottom of the 31" tall tank. That's what I was afraid of. As far as the dry rock, I know that's pretty much what I'm looking at too. The moon lights are pretty bright. Fans are quite. Lights were just added three weeks ago so pretty new still. Hope I didn't mess anything up by waiting so long.

Sorry, the app keeps crashing when I try to respond to your pm so I'll respond here.
My dry rock never really "took off" in a sense. It took about a month to cycle with the shrimp method and that's about it. I never seeded it with live rock so there's no coralline algae, pods, sponges or anything cool like that, just white rock. I have a few tube worms that came in from a small rock with a zoa colony, but that's it. Sorry that's not much help.
My plan is to seed it with live rock when I put it in my 120, so I'll have a bit more information after that.

Back