Newbie Greetings from Southern Maryland!

TaniaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon everyone! New to this forum and currently in the researching phase of this hobby. It has been a life long dream to be settled enough in one place to actually start an aquarium with reef. My goal is to get something started in January once I am settled in my new home (moving at the end of the month to our home). I have only had the pleasure of caring for freshwater chiclids, goldfish, and beta's. My wish list is to go big, 250 gallon tank and eventually have two other tanks later in the future. Have a great day! - Tania

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to R2R! You should also check out WAMAS.org (very popular and is hosting MACNA 2015!!!) there is also SMMAS.org which might be more in your area.

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon everyone! New to this forum and currently in the researching phase of this hobby. It has been a life long dream to be settled enough in one place to actually start an aquarium with reef. My goal is to get something started in January once I am settled in my new home (moving at the end of the month to our home). I have only had the pleasure of caring for freshwater chiclids, goldfish, and beta's. My wish list is to go big, 250 gallon tank and eventually have two other tanks later in the future. Have a great day! - Tania

Welcome, Tania! Take it slow and research as much as possible. Spend an equal amount of time researching your equipment and livestock and you'll do fine. James

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF! We're very glad you joined and hope that you will enjoy the forums, enter contest, start a tank thread, and just be a part of our family friendly community!

Start a new tank thread here: Member Tanks

Enter a FREE contest here: R2R Giveaway and Contest Forum

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

OP
OP
T

TaniaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone!!!! Glad I joined. Lots of interesting stuff to read about. So far I know I want/wish for a predator tank with live rock in the basement and a reef friendly aquarium in my sitting room. Both large to extra large aquariums. If my tanks are happy and have managed not to kill the entire population, and it hasn't cleaned out my life savings lol, would be an absolute dream to have seahorses only aquarium a few years later down the line. Looking forward to your company as I embark on this new journey... - Tania

OP
OP
T

TaniaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

If I waited until I was settled in one place it wouldn't happen!

Hi Karen! Moved too often and all over because of the military. Finally settling down and can commit time and energy. Felt guilty enough when I had to give away my established tank of african chichlid's.

OP
OP
T

TaniaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are my manners! Thanks to all who provided very helpful links! Will certainly use them. - Tania

Karen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We moved because of the military also, Tania.

I think we are finally settled here in Seattle, but still have to move in October due to a rent increase of three hundred dollars if we stay. I hope that is the last move for a while. Good news is that after the move I get to upgrade my tank to something larger.

OP
OP
T

TaniaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$300 rent increase? Ouch, did they upgrade something? Do you mind sharing what kind of fish set up you have? Thanks!

Karen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a brand new community. I knew they would increase but I never dreamed that much. Nice place but I don't like it that much.

I have a 14 gal nano with one firefish, some Xenia, some Green Star Polyps, and like a hundred yellow zoas. I have 15 pounds of live rock and a bed of live sand. About two or three inches deep. Also, there is a Pom Pom crab hiding in there somewhere who only shows his face at feeding time and a CUC of snails. It's been running since March. Looking forward to the upgrade after our move next month.

OP
OP
T

TaniaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing Karen! Looked everything up on Pinterest and love all of it!! All that in a 14gal? I must rethink and perhaps start with a nano lol.

Karen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not finishe yet. I am thinking one more fish, maybe two depending on the type and some more corals. I just cannot believe the growth that I have gotten from the yellow zoas. Good luck and keep me informed on what you do with your set up!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back