New to R2R. 75 gallon tank in progress

Oleshp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.
My name is Phil and I live in Ocean City MD. I have had FW tanks on and off since I was a kid. My adventure with SW tanks started about a year ago. I started with a 40g breeder tank which has now been repurposed as a FW tank with some tetras and mollies in it. This past spring my fiance and I purchased a 75 gallon tank after my desire to keep fish overtook the space I had available in the 40. Going from memory, the equipment for the tank is; 2-100w heaters, 2-Marineland Penguin 350 HOB filters, 2- Fluval full-spectrum LED strips (1-36", 1-24"), 1-48" t5 fixture (blue actinic bulb), 3- assorted powerheads/wavemakers, and a midsize airpump. I have aragonite live sand as substrate and plenty of live rock. There are probably too many fish in the tank but I do weekly(sometimes more depending on how the water tests) 15 gallon water changes to keep up with them. Some of my favorite fish in the tank are; Fuzzy Dwarf Lion, Snowflake Eel, and Green Mandarin Dragonet. I am just starting to add some corals again because I haven't had the best of luck with it in the past. So far I have (what I believe to be) a recovering Zoa colony, a Brain coral (4"-6"), and a Candycane coral. I also have a Long tentacle Anemone and a fairly extensive CUC. Anyway, on to the pictures. Let me know what you think. Constructive criticism always welcome.

Thanks for looking,
Phil
::sorry for the glass being dirty, I forgot to clean it before I took pics::

7XNmbL8.png

qWl1bxY.png

MXWyWNB.png

zkgbT6W.png

gAb1sT5.png

dbGX2MM.png

6WTdx0H.png

OujlBiw.png

AI2J06t.png

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF! We're very glad you joined and hope that you will enjoy the forums, enter contest, start a tank thread, and just be a part of our family friendly community!

Start a new tank thread here: Member Tanks

Enter a FREE contest here: R2R Giveaway and Contest Forum

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

OP
OP
Oleshp

Oleshp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool set up! love your snowflake eel

Thank you!! I am still aquascaping and re-arranging some rocks (esp. on the right of the tank where they're all just in a pile) but I am doing it little by little to minimize stress on the fish. I got the Eel as a baby and he has more than doubled in size since I got him.

When he first came home
SyrYtmG.png

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to the forum!* I would keep a close eye on those predatory fish.

jstec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R I really like your eel I'd do a head count on the tank as he keeps growing same with the lion they don't seem to care how much their snacks cost you

Back