New to SW/reefing

treemanone2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joined and here to say hello !! February will be a year of SW experience and I can say it's much easier than I ever thought. I've kept FW on and off (mostly on) for 30 years and for the last 10, primarily Discus tanks. My (gf and I) start in SW was a trade of some firewood for a 14g Oceanic BioCube and it's been pretty awesome. Quite the learning experience and although the losses have been limited to a couple coral and 2 peppermint shrimp (learned quickly the pistol doesn't like them) it wasn't enough to quell my interest. I (we) did find what I believe to be a pretty solid LFS locally (SW Ct) as I went in with loaded questions and didn't get the typical bs runaround. Our plan in the works right now is to upgrade the existing BioCube to a spare 40b that is available and transfer the shrimp/goby pair and existing corals over once all the extra items needed finally arrive. Most of the items for this setup were either free (right place and time) or very low cost. I will post a new thread for that build and look forward to as much feedback/suggestions as possible. Thanks for your time and checking this out. Looking forward to a pleasant stay here.

-treeman

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF! We're very glad you joined and hope that you will enjoy the forums, enter contest, start a tank thread, and just be a part of our family friendly community!

Start a new tank thread here: Member Tanks

Enter a FREE contest here: R2R Giveaway and Contest Forum

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

OP
OP
T

treemanone2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the welcomes. Looking forward to some exciting adventures !!!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back