Somewhat new to hobby

SBLRS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I started into the hobby about 2 years ago with a 12 gal bio cube with around 10-15 lb rock and a clown fish ( not a bad trade for a 6 pack . ) Now I have around 600 gallons and 75-100 different corals . I have found this to be more of an addiction than a hobby Lol . Glad to be here seams like a great forum !

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing you can never go wrong with is pics of your tanks :) this is a great place to be and I completely agree that reef keeping is more of an addiction than a hobby.

Last edited:

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef 2 Reef. From a 12 gal. to 600 gallons in 2 years, maybe an intervention is in order.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha welcome to R2R, you should start a tank build thread and post some pictures of your tanks

OP
OP
S

SBLRS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thanks for the welcome and no intervention even though this is way more of an addiction than a hobby but it is a ton of fun and my son loves to watch the fish in the tanks . Just so you have an idea of what we look at I built 2 walls in the basement out of tanks one wall is a 220 that is going to be all zoas/pallies & mushrooms it has a 12" sailfin , 12" blonde naso , a 8" blue hippo , & a handful of small fish . The other wall is 2 65 gal tanks with a 4' 110 in the middle . One of the 65's is all anemones the other is going to be all lps acan heavy the kicker is the 110 in the middle is going to be a planted guppy tank Lol . I will start a thread when I get a few good pics .

VB68

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcometoReef2Reef2_zps74f13f41.jpg

Welcome to Reef2Reef
Be sure and start a tank thread (if you haven't already) in the members tanks thread: Member Tanks

OP
OP
S

SBLRS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the greeting . I tried yesterday to do that but for some reason I could not get pics to upload from my phone .

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! That sounds like a crazy awesome setup! My mind is blown with the planted tank sandwiched by reefs. I can't wait to see pics. How do you plan on contending with all of that moisture!?

OP
OP
S

SBLRS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once again thanks for the greeting , biocube ?? As far as the humidity it is not to bad it all the tanks are open to the air behind the wall witch is the furnace area in the summer I run a dehumidifier and now that it is cold out and I my furnace runs more than it doesn't Lol the humidity stays about 50% . I also forgot to mention I have 2 30 breeders & 1 40 breeder as frag tanks over a 110 gal refugium , with a 75 as mostly a sand bed as my filtration .

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef. I agree with you highly addicting! So much, my wife is starting to like it even though she won't admit it.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! We need pics!! :)

OP
OP
S

SBLRS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not very computer friendly and i tried from my phone and i can't get them to upload. Please HELP .

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Kindle portable device for all my web browsing. When I upload pictures to this site I just click on the icon that looks like a framed tree. Then I select From computer(even though it's not a computer),choose file,photos,the photo I want,and finally the upload option that pops up.Then I have to be patient,usually takes a few minutes for my picture to appear.Hope this helps.*Welcome to the forum!*

DSCF9494.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back