ianf77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All....or maybe hey y'all.

Long story short.......

Started in saltwater around 2005 whilst living in the UK......I was a complete newbie too saltwater then but not fish keeping in general.

I owned an Aquamedic tank then and gradually built up into SPS after a lot of time, effort.......money!

I kinda left the hobby around 2010 after a huge change in my circumstances and life in general...but that is history now.

Anyhow...I met my now wife in 2011 in Houston Tx and am happy and content once again with a completely new life here in the US....I can't ask for better.

So the "new build" dream that was itching in the back of my mind for years.......is becoming a reality...new home all set for my dream aquarium.

Today I ordered my new tank to be built.

The green light was given from the wife about 2 weeks ago and I really have not stopped researching, learning, reading, watching what has been happening in the hobby over the last 5 years...........and it is this progression that has the passion back in me again....with the aim to do things right first time.

The tank will be 200g with a PM36+ sump. Central overflow with 3x1" Drains and 2x3/4" return holes drilled. Pipework will have a manifold on return for additional equipment and spares for expansion. The plan is to run a refugium, eventually a calc reactor or dosing (balling), still undecided. Water movement will be 2xMP40 and lighting will be Radeon 30pro x 3. First time with LED's, always had halides.

I am going to try to automate as far as possible with this build, ATO, Apex controllers, Reeflink etc etc. Im loving all the new toys out there right now.

Anyway, getting excited thinking about it all. So first and foremost I would like to say hello to you all, hope the forums here are friendly, informative and open minded.

Ian

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you don't have to hope too much. Because R2R is probably one of the friendliest, most informed group of people I've come across. As for your tank, I'm excited for you! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. The only stupid question is the one not asked, as I was always told growing up. and with that, welcome to Reef2Reef!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF! We're very glad you joined and hope that you will enjoy the forums, enter contest, start a tank thread, and just be a part of our family friendly community!

Start a new tank thread here: Member Tanks

Enter a FREE contest here: R2R Giveaway and Contest Forum

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome my friend!
That would be a awesome setup as to see where you want to go with this as far as corals, maybe a little more research is on it's place.
From who did you order your tank from?
We have a large community of reefers in Houston and some really high end type close to you.
I'm a bit of a distance away from you but I'm often in the Woodlands and in Conroe too.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Can't wait to see your tank

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Sounds like it's going to be a great setup. Be sure to start a tank build in the "member tank" section. We love seeing new tanks and its a great way to get input as things progress. Best of luck!

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang y'all, looks like the REEFSQUAD is out in force today... Welcome to R2R!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed that
squad.png

Is that something new?

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome_zps36212b49.gif

Sounds like a great start to a dream tank. Looking forward to watching it come together!

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef!* Welcome back to the hobby too! You came to the right place,the forums are very friendly and informative.Best of luck with your new aquarium!
DSCF8181_zps90423a7_edit_1417050065596.jpg

OP
OP
I

ianf77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for your kind welcomes,

Getting that excited feeling once again. Packages have been arriving today with all the compulsories and gadgets etc. Even thought the tank is not ready yet I still have some preparation work to do to get things going. So I think Ill start a tank thread. I have some plumbing to do this weekend!!

Just too answer a few questions asked,

I live off FM1488 between The Woodlands and Conroe.

The tank and others has been ordered through James at GLA...this place is 15 mins drive max for me. Im getting a custom stand, wanted a 36" height stand for the tank. Also James is gonna customize the sump and pipework a little as I want a manifold made up to be able to run reactors etc offa the return feed. The less pumps in the sump the better. Pipework has to be clean design and functional.

Anyhow, check out my tank thread, even though no tank yet we all know its nice to get some goodies in the mail.

Ian

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great Ian, please start a build thread and take use through it... BTW we love pictures the more the better... cheers mate!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back