Trying to get motivated

Buell 1125cr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in the hobby for about 6 years. I have not been with out a tank but have not been very involved for about a year. My main display was an in wall 150 and when the center brace cracked and I lost about 75% of my live stock when I moved everything to a 90 I already had. I have been doing the bare minimum to keep everything going. Here is what it looked live a few months before the center brace cracked.

This is what Im trying to get motivated to start working on. Its a 210 peninsula. I am planning on moving in a year or two so I don't want to get it wet but I want all the equipment and plumbing ready to move. I don't want to start a build thread because it could be a couple years till it gets wet.

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a awesome build.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 176

Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I myself am having a hard time getting motivated after moving from the east coast to the west coast (I have a buddy holding corals for me), but you have an awesome setup, and look forward to your build or "get wet" thread once you start it. I'm loving the furniture grade cabinetry peninsula style setup...that cabinet on the side would get me huge brownie points with the wife as I am always leaving a mess around the tanks due to lack of space to put all my "fish junk" as she so eloquently puts it.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! I can understand not be motivated. I'm kind of in the same rut with my reef tank but for different reasons. I just look for inspiration in the other members' tanks that are out there and try to get inspired.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! That is a good motivational tank, but I understand no wanting to fill it with corals and fish, then tearing down to move. You could do a fowlr tank and get some of the fish you want and just not do corals till the move.

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef. I'm down to just one tank now. I'm glad to see you still have one tank running. I also have plans for a much larger tank between the kitchen and living room, viewable from two sides. Life happens, but at least we still have a piece of the ocean.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Questions to ask oneself
What tank a the forum do you like and why?
What do you not like about your current tank?
What steps would you need to take to get there?
After having aquariums for 51 years I always ask myself these questions. So I get it clear in my head what I want to achieve. I have learned to never to get in a hurry in setting up a new aquarium. My latest tank has taken me a year to decide on each piece of equipment for my aquarium. An I also had to have my wife's input as she doesn't like just anything setting in HER living room. So we spent time on background colors an rock structure and stand height and covering. This took a lot of time but helped us come to an understanding of what my aquarium would look like and made her comfortable with me new aquarium.

OP
OP
Buell 1125cr

Buell 1125cr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Questions to ask oneself
What tank a the forum do you like and why?
What do you not like about your current tank?
What steps would you need to take to get there?
After having aquariums for 51 years I always ask myself these questions. So I get it clear in my head what I want to achieve. I have learned to never to get in a hurry in setting up a new aquarium. My latest tank has taken me a year to decide on each piece of equipment for my aquarium. An I also had to have my wife's input as she doesn't like just anything setting in HER living room. So we spent time on background colors an rock structure and stand height and covering. This took a lot of time but helped us come to an understanding of what my aquarium would look like and made her comfortable with me new aquarium.

Those are some good things to think about to get me going. I am very lucky to have a wife who does not get upset when I spend money on the tank or drill holes to the basement to for plumbing. Starting fresh on a new forum is helping a little. Im going to paint the wood braces I made to hold my canopy open today. Im considering ordering this internal over flow to replace the current one I have.

CPR RSS Overflow Box Retrofit Surface Skimmer

The one I have installed does not have a back on it and I read after installing it that these can fall off over time. With the money I already have invested I would feel better having one that is held on with bulkheads instead of silicone.

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef!*Best of luck with your aquariums,present and in the works!

DSCF6388_zpsb0b33bb_edit_1421119222246.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back