Hello

love2surf927

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals! I'm brand new to this hobby, just been reading reading and more reading. No SW setup yet however I do have some FW experience but not much. Love this forum, just decided I'd put the lurking aside and join in. Thanks!

Dustinba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals! I'm brand new to this hobby, just been reading reading and more reading. No SW setup yet however I do have some FW experience but not much. Love this forum, just decided I'd put the lurking aside and join in. Thanks!

Welcome! Any thoughts on what kind of tank you want to build?

OP
OP
L

love2surf927

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm am planning on starting a FOWLR, with the intention of going to reef eventually. Just want to really get the hang of keeping my parameters in check before I move to reef. I can not however decide on what size tank. I know bigger is easier to keep parameter wise but it's really not feasible. I'm tossing around a 20 long, 29, or 40b, recently been leaning toward the 40b. I am kind of intimidated with the cost of a 55. I don't know! Lol, I'm an over analyzer too which seems like it can be a real double edged sword in this hobby! The main thing is I don't want to get overwhelmed early on and get discouraged.

Dustinba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm Farley new as well. Im also going to start off with a fowlr tank. I picked up a 40g at Petco since they were having the 1$ a gallon sale. Same as you i just want to get used to maintaining and getting in the habit of keeping up with maintiance before i fully dive into a reef tank. Plus my wife and I plan on moving in 2 years, so I didn't want to start a massive build then risk losing everything in the move.

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoy the hobby.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 78

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another BIG WELCOME to the R2R Family. I also would encourage a 40B for the options you put forth above, it has a great footprint all the way around. Great potential in aquascaping, more option in livestock and will have more room underneath for a Sump/Fuge and needed supplies.

Cheers, Todd

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Back