Hi y'all, just another new r2r reef chick

I Hate Nitrates

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y'all, I am a new member and I have been an enthusiast for several years now. I have a 240g mixed reef tank that is my baby (only about two years old). I have some fish and frags. I am currently obsessed with zoas and palys, someone please save me from myself. It's like fish ****, my hubby keeps catching me ogling over various zoas. Haha!

I also have a homemade tv tank that I have had for years. My ex-boyfriend was helping his Grandfather move and I had always wanted to find a really cool old television and make it into a tank. Currently freshwater, but thinking about changing things up. It has an orange lobster, and has mostly become a snail tank. (to feed my puffers)

I had a 40g tall tank, but it was such a pain to take care of it! It was extremely tall and cleaning it was ridiculous! (picture the "sea snail" chick in Deuce Bigalow. if my husband said, "i want the one's from the colder tank" one more time...)

I also have a 180g marine tank in my bedroom. It's a puffer tank that I've had for several years. The copepods are amazingly out of control in the tank right now and I am ecstatic. If my puffer "Butters" wasn't in there I would totally have a non-agressive tank with mandarins, etc. I am about to get rid of my spiny burrfish puffer. I also had a gigantic mappa, but he got so big that I actually donated him to the aquarium at Fair Park! He came out of quarantine just in time for the Texas State Fair this year. He's in the Sea of Cortez exhibit. Yep, he's a celebrity now! About to give this tank to my husband so he can put whatever he wants in it, just to change things up. One puffer doesn't quite do much for us.

I have attached a photo of the 240g, then the 180g in the bedroom. Also, a photo of Jemaine, my huge puffer. One from the day I got him, to right before I donated him.

Enough jabbering, just "hi" and excited to be here.

OP
OP
I Hate Nitrates

I Hate Nitrates

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reef.jpg
jemainebaby.jpg
Jemaine2.jpg
jemaine.jpg
sorry, probably would have helped if I uploaded the pics!

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef, I love your member name, intro write up, and your tanks look fantastic!!!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome_zpsbdc6c64e.gif

Tanks look great! That's a huge puffer! How about some pics of your TV tank? Sounds cool.

OP
OP
I Hate Nitrates

I Hate Nitrates

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Always a work in progress. I will have to take a more recent pic of the big tank between the kitchen and living room. It has more in it now. Good God, who knew frags were so addicting! Haha!

OP
OP
I Hate Nitrates

I Hate Nitrates

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Sam, I can't take credit. My husband is pretty handy! I just saw you have a zoa tank, I could die! I want some snitches so bad!

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great setups. Welcome to R2R. I would love to see an updated photo of that divider tank.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef to Reef,
Quite a collection of tanks you got there!
suggest you start a build thread of that 240 with more details on filtration and plans...

MysticReefette

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:bigsmile:Hello and welcome. I am recently new to the forum myself. It's nice meeting another female reefer. :dance: Yes, i agree, frags are very addicting. I have my little 29 gallon biocube stuffed full right now. Awesome tanks.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great tanks and welcome to R2R!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 57 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back