New here from iowa

aquaman84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to r2r just started my first 29 gallon reef tank and also new to the hobby so any tips and tricks or just wanna say hi you know what to do. It's nice to have a place to go where everyone on here shares the same interest im an open book and can't wait to learn im sure it's endless haha

OP
OP
A

aquaman84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Here's a pic of my tank any feedback would be greatly appreciated

CarolinaReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome buddy!! This is a great place to hang out, learn new stuff and get top notch tech support. :smile:

OP
OP
A

aquaman84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you fellow Iowan haha this is the closest thing to saltwater paradise we're gonna get without traveling haha

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the community! looks good so far! Tell us about the tank! As for feed back, that skimmer you have is the seaclone or something like that right? Its an ok skimmer but breaks pretty quickly. I would look into getting a better one soon. (I had to learn the hard way that it breaks quickly :( )

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking real nice,

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 159

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! :)

Dmmz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R

OP
OP
A

aquaman84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks and about my tank.. i am starting a 29 gallon reef aquarium. i started on march 22,2015 and my tank has just started cycling i believe??? i have 30 lbs of rock in there. 10 lbs of live rock and 20 lbs of dry rock. i have a snail that hitchhiked a ride home with me when i bought the live rock and his name is tiger. i hope he can survive the cycle though! i also have a zoeanthid? and some polys? ill take a pic and show you guys later. im trying out the deep sand bed. your right my protein skimmer is a seaclone and what would you recommend? thank you for the heads up.

OP
OP
A

aquaman84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fishtank.jpg
polyp.jpg
can someone tell me what these are? i think they came with my live rock?

jeremy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. Another Iowan. Kill that Mojano bad hitch hiker. What were you thinking about keeping in your tank? Like just fish or soft corals, lps?? Looks like you have a good start.

CarolinaReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The protein skimmer is one of the most important parts of your system. I know good ones are expensive, but trust me you will be better off in the long run. I used to battle algae problems until I got a good skimmer. I can't recommend one for your small tank but I'm sure there are folks on here who can. I just don't have experience with HOB skimmers. Best wishes for your first tank. Keep us posted on your progress.

Back