OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been about a month since I updated this! I've been slowly adding to the fish list and I've got a couple corals in to test the waters (colt colony and green acropora). I also added another Vortech MP40 and set up a biopellet reactor with a half dose of pellets. They've been running for two weeks and I've seen my skimmer do some crazy things, but it's still too early to see much nitrate reduction.

I've been having a little bad luck with tangs. My yellow tang finished up quarantine, but developed a mild case of hlle. I'm hoping that having more room, stable parameters, and a lot of vitamin-enriched foods will take care of it. I also lost a powder blue to an unknown disease in quarantine a couple weeks ago and was pretty deflated. I decided to get back on the horse, and I found a great looking specimen locally that's adjusting well.

I also set up a water storage and mixing station that makes water changes a breeze.

75 Gallon freshwater storage and 25 gallon saltwater mixing tank

elos-21.jpg

Zoom

Male Lyretail Anthias
elos-22.jpg

Zoom

Added a single female Bartlett's Anthias
elos-23.jpg

Zoom

reefed419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man my wife and I love that last shot. Looks like a very nice room. What's your stocking plans for this tank? Keep those awesome pics coming!

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man my wife and I love that last shot. Looks like a very nice room. What's your stocking plans for this tank? Keep those awesome pics coming!

Im tellling myself I'm just going to add the powder blue tang and maybe a tailspot blenny. Maybe a mandarin dragonet eventually when the pod population gets a little more stable. Definitely doing a mixed reef, I like the movement of softies and euphyllias, but I'm going to try my hand at sps (never done it before). Going to see how my green slimer frag holds up before I get too many pieces.

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you ahve the Radions at 8inches? Seems a little low for how much area you have to cover! Other than that absolutely amazing tank!

Thanks! Do you think they're too low? I'm planning on adding a third in the center, just haven't got around to it. I haven't experimented with the height much I'm just going by what the manual suggested (8-10 inches)

admcmps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The look fits into your home perfectly! Amazing tank and radion pros color is killer! I just ordered 2 myself, what are your settings/color temperature?

admcmps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was showing my girlfriend how great your tank was and she was wondering where you got the couch?

DDMN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What return pump are you using on this system?

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was showing my girlfriend how great your tank was and she was wondering where you got the couch?

We picked it up at a local furniture shop but the manufacturer is Broyhill, I think they're nationwide.

austinl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one great looking tank....I was looking at going with ELOS as well but ended up ordering a custom tank and building my own stand (modeled after ELOS) please keep the photos coming, adding great ideas for my build.

Thanks

Austin

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got any shots of your Red October / RR corals.
I have the same couch, lamp and almost tank. lol.

I don't have any shots of the Red October. I placed it under high light and has turned into the green october. I do have shots of the Vihn and Fusion.

elos-60.jpg

Zoom

elos-77.jpg

Zoom

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back