New build start, Reef Savvy powered by Synergy, Tunze and ATI

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
So this is going to be a bit of a slow update as I'll be traveling a bit for the next month and a half. This build has been taking a little over a year in planning and it's coming to the conclusion of getting wet soon.
Tank: Reef Saavy 60x30x24 (3/4" starphire and Euro-braced w/no center brace) Center overflow with 2x1" drains and 2x3/4" returns. Arrives Dec.
Sump: Synergy custom sump (36x24x15) approx. 38 gallons when running. Built in 15 gallon fuge and a 16g ATO container.
Flow: at this point I am looking at 2x tunze 9105 on 2x Deluxe Sea Sweeps. The return pump I have not decided yet, but it will be a DC pump of some sort. Possibly the speed wave.
Skimmer: Tunze 9415
Lighting: ATI LED Powermodule 48" (3x75w LED & 4x 54w T5) still to be ordered. 2x12w LEDs by reef radiance for fuge
Stand: Custom built maple interior, birch exterior. 64x34x40. 4 doors with a dry box area for all electronics.
ATO: custom reservoir by Synergy and powered by a Tunze 3155

Pics to follow soon

OP
OP
ShawnSaucier

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Stand before stain
image.jpg

After the stain
image.jpg

Sump by Synergy
image.jpg

ATO reservoir by Synergy
image.jpg

All in the stand's "wet" section

cwilder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, this is almost the exact setup I'd like to do very shortly! Hoe's life in sanford :), I once lived close to you in Geneva.

OP
OP
ShawnSaucier

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. The pics are slow coming as I may have jumped the gun. The Tank arrives mid December. I've got to send my thanks to the crew at LRO (Living Reef Orlando), Felix (Reef Savvy) and Rick with Synergy. All have been great to work with on this.
CWilder: actually live in Heathrow, some reason I have Sanford. It's been growing in the area. Been here on and off for 16 years. Love the weather

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking forward to this!

OP
OP
ShawnSaucier

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be going with sand. I love the look, though I think I will keep it a shallow bed. Will probably use Tropic Eden. Can anyone suggest of someplace to purchase some reefy critters like worms and such. My last tank was done with dry rock, which will move to the bigger tank. Any added rock will 90% decided, be dry rock again. But I do feel that I'm missing some of the good critters/flora is missing. Any suggestions?

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be going with sand. I love the look, though I think I will keep it a shallow bed. Will probably use Tropic Eden. Can anyone suggest of someplace to purchase some reefy critters like worms and such. My last tank was done with dry rock, which will move to the bigger tank. Any added rock will 90% decided, be dry rock again. But I do feel that I'm missing some of the good critters/flora is missing. Any suggestions?

I've seen worms for sale, but not sure I personally trust the sources. You could possibly get lucky with some live rock from some place like Tampa Bay Aquatics.

OP
OP
ShawnSaucier

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feh: I was actually looking at their deco rock for my fuge. Tons of macro all over it. That may be the ticket. Thank you

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back