OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks All, I'll try and get an up to date update out soon. I really need to learn how to properly use my Nikon D3100. Have the hardest time getting the White Balance setup under LED's to where pics show what I see.

Cheers, Todd

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! What a recap. I've forgotten so many details of this reef's life from start to now. You definitely need to get some update pictures to show the growth and color on some of your colors. I forgot about my visit on your reaquascape day when you dropped the monti spongodes colony and it shattered.

Thanks for sharing your reef with R2R.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great!

OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been trying to dial in my DSLR this morning but power keeps going out with our BIG Wind Storm today. So instead I'll post up some random shots I like of various corals and fish from past year or two.

My Rose Mili colony (grows approx 1/2-3/4" per branch tip per month and currently about a 10" x 15" table)

My Montipora spongodes colony from last December, was around 10" diameter with 3&4" spires

Mid tank last October

My Blochii Tang when he was only about 3.5" Naso 2.5" and Longnose B-fly that I caught on Oahu

My Fisheri Dwarf Angel also caught on Oahu. He's only about the size of a quarter here and 2" currently

And for fun, a few old/last pics of the 75g DT before breaking it down

Radiant Wrasse

Flame Hawkfish

Kole Tang

​Cheers, Todd

TallShow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All that hard work turned into an amazing-looking project. Awesome tank, and awesome job!

OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks All, and really do promise to figure out the white balance on my camera to update this thread. Will have to take some before and after as once again in need of fragging down three monster colonies to make room for fish. Small update: I did finally perform my 6th or 7th 30 gallon water change in two years on this system....lol NOT RECCOMENDED! or ENDORSED but has been a fun experiment.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arghhh... Finally got out my Nikon D3100 and get some updated shots of tank after some MAJOR pruning/fragging a few days back. But must of left it on so batteries dead..... so instead here is pics and a video off my phone below. I made around 60 frags/mini colonies all together but mostly ofmy Basketball sized Blue/Green Birdsnest mother colony. I brought the large ORA Green Stylo down and then what I still wanted of the Blue/Green Birdsnest and Hyacinth Birdsnest moved higher up to cozy in with Sour Apple and Pink Birdsnests to form a large mixed colony. Still have some tidying up to do (no room left in frag tank) and switch a few more colonies around before getting my new clams from YourReef.com on Tuesday. Even with my phone's camera it gets a bit over exposed look under the LED's, video seems a little better...in parts.

Left side where Green Stylo ended up

Mid tank and can now see the big Myogi Tort in back again.

Start of the mixed Birdsnest colony, a lil washed out but you get the gist.

The 4th and lowest on the Totem Pole Bangaii in her home

A bit better pic of center with my mixed Pocillopora group

And short video clip

To be continued..... next week

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So..... anyone somewhat local that would like to teach me to use my camera for a nice frag pack ??? I'm about 20 miles North of Seattle.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update as received my order from our Sponsor here 'Your Reef' out of Northern California. A bit of a mix up on the Lg Maxima shipped a Blue instead of Teal & Blue so will see how it works out (probably after Holidays) also a 3" Gold Maxima, 1.5" Blue Tiger Stripe Maxima, Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp, Green Clown Goby and couple of Acro frags. Communications with John and Stacy have been great even with the Holiday chaos so confident in resolving clam mix-up. Pics below taken with my Droid Razor.

Large 5"+ Blue Maxima received

Gold Maxima with Acro frags in foreground

Baby Blue Tiger Stripe Maxima (bad pic I know)

Few random pics that came out all right

Good enough for now.... until someone schools me on better Reeftank picture taking

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
TJ's Reef

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple more pics worthy of posting

A Lobo colony once thought lost, buried by my fish and just lil nubs inside of skeleton a year ago

My big mean ol' Banded Coral Shrimp I caught in a tide pool on Oahu. Hardly ever out in the open knowing I'd like to catch him. Probably out hunting my new Cleaner Shrimp. Also whats left of my once abundant Candycane Corals

Cheers, Todd

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looks great Todd.
I love the attention to detail.
I'm starting to get into the mixed reef as well.

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More Coral ****. Your tank is looking so healthy Todd. I hope some of my corals get the colors your's have. Out of the 125 pic's I took. I figured I'd post only a dozen.
IMG_5736.jpg
IMG_5677.jpg
IMG_5674.jpg
IMG_5685.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5692.jpg
    IMG_5692.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duane did you take those pictures of Todd's tank. Photos came out real well. I know Todd said something about needing help with his DSLR camera. Simply beautiful corals

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duane did you take those pictures of Todd's tank. Photos came out real well. I know Todd said something about needing help with his DSLR camera. Simply beautiful corals

Yes, I brought my camera over. A Canon 4Ti. I let Todd know what works for me and then we both took a 100+ pictures each. I'm sure he'll be posting at least a few he took with his macro lens pretty soon. I hope my visit helped a little bit.

Back