OP
OP
BattleAthletics

BattleAthletics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tank is wet, only leak check tonight. This bean animal overflow is so silent it's amazing. The mag 5 return pump is the only thing that's loud, vibration loud that is. Even with noise dampening pads underneath the pump it still is loud. I'll update more on Friday as its my day off.

ahy2avu4.jpg

hutu8age.jpg

Pictures!

OP
OP
BattleAthletics

BattleAthletics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock work broke while I was taking it out of the rodi bath. Nothing epoxy can't fix!

Front FTS
2u9yru6u.jpg

Is that a face I see?
mavamu2u.jpg

Took our the mag 7 and put a Lifegard Quietone 2300, thing is silent, love it. Now the skimmer on the other hand is noisy, even after I swapped it to a Eheim 1262(900ish GPH). Need to find a solution for this.

Also, I actually do own a bonsai tree.
qahy2ebe.jpg

OP
OP
BattleAthletics

BattleAthletics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yhu4yhyz.jpg

Lights on!
Also my laptop USB connection started to smoke while connected to the apex, idk how the hell I'm supposed to update it now.

Need to program my radion also.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I know of all those tanks that you took inspiration from. Look forward to this build.

OP
OP
BattleAthletics

BattleAthletics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice, have you thought about replacing your mag pump for a sicce?
Yes sir, replaced the mag with a lifegard quietone 2200. It's silent now, I can't hear the mp10s, which is good. Now the skimmer is sort of loud, I swapped the mag 9.5 for an eheim 1262 and it's still loud for my ears.
Nice. I know of all those tanks that you took inspiration from. Look forward to this build.
You know all the tanks? I think the first one is the best as in unique.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sir, replaced the mag with a lifegard quietone 2200. It's silent now, I can't hear the mp10s, which is good. Now the skimmer is sort of loud, I swapped the mag 9.5 for an eheim 1262 and it's still loud for my ears.

You know all the tanks? I think the first one is the best as in unique.

Your on n-r also right? This tank used to be spiros old tank.

Yeah, I'm on NR.com; been a member there since early 2002. I'm also on RC, and about 15 other reef forums! :D - Use the same screen name on all of the forums.

These days I just lurk on NR. Mainly here, RC and a few others that I make posts in. Those tanks are some of the best Bonsai style tanks. I'm expecting you to do better. :D

OP
OP
BattleAthletics

BattleAthletics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm on NR.com; been a member there since early 2002. I'm also on RC, and about 15 other reef forums! :D - Use the same screen name on all of the forums.

These days I just lurk on NR. Mainly here, RC and a few others that I make posts in. Those tanks are some of the best Bonsai style tanks. I'm expecting you to do better. :D

Lol don't expect. I'm just about a year into reefing and I have so much to learn and experience, I remember when I first got on nr that your tank was on of my fave builds.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol don't expect. I'm just about a year into reefing and I have so much to learn and experience, I remember when I first got on nr that your tank was on of my fave builds.

Ah thanks man. :D

You've got some top specs on this build. So there is no reason why you cant achieve greatness. :D Just read a lot of the really successful builds and copy the methodology. Take things slowly and with thought; you will get a nicer tank that way.

OP
OP
BattleAthletics

BattleAthletics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know about not connecting to USB Paul at Neptune Systems told me and I felt dumb, well apex is updated but had to use a 50ft ethernet cable to connect to my modem, that so much easier. Now to figure out how to use a wireless adapter on this controller.

OP
OP
BattleAthletics

BattleAthletics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah thanks man. :D

You've got some top specs on this build. So there is no reason why you cant achieve greatness. :D Just read a lot of the really successful builds and copy the methodology. Take things slowly and with thought; you will get a nicer tank that way.

Your right

OP
OP
BattleAthletics

BattleAthletics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7eda9ane.jpg

Hurry up and wait now. I happened to use expired live sand, crushed coral substrate, dry rock, and about 5 small pieces of live rock from a friend tank.

For those that live in Port Aransas or like their brewing house.
upemy3y8.jpg

OP
OP
BattleAthletics

BattleAthletics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ding, Ding, Ding!

Tanks is cycled according to 3 consecutive api tests.

The netgear wnce2001 just started working all of the sudden and is linked to fusion!

Now I have to name each plug and adjust what I want my wmx module to do.

Depending on how bad of a diatom bloom I have I'll be picking up some snails I lend my friend from my old build.

Skimmer will be run tonight with the quietone 4000 I picked up for 30$. I have a Tunze 6025 I'm putting in the sump for water movement.

Maybe a week or 2 then transfer all my coral over, ****, finally.

OP
OP
BattleAthletics

BattleAthletics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
y4ajy8u8.jpg

uzaga5et.jpg

da2u7unu.jpg

esezuved.jpg

pa3evugu.jpg

Anyone know what's going on with those clear looking zoas?
Got the cal alk and mg stickers in from aqua box, they make the dosing containers look really good now.
Not done yet with the left side of the stand as I'm waiting for Mike from Micro-Reefs to agree on a ato design and price.

OP
OP
BattleAthletics

BattleAthletics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
==(#$&@@`÷÷][®¥©~~&$@'=$#¶§×§¶°

Yesterday morning I came home to a 83.7F tank, took a bag of ice and lowered the temp about 2 degrees, I thought to myself that I'll take advantage of the time I have while everyone was asleep to update the apex again since it says it needs to be updated. Well the mother ####3r took about an hour trying to update, it was updating slowly through wired connection, and it was about 8am and now. Reluctantly I tell myself, I have to get some rest. I cancel the update and disconnect the ethernet cable and the brain and head unit won't come on. All I see is a black display head unit and a brain that won't connect to the eb8s. I've tried everything from unplugging the cords, trying to restore the factory defaults to changing the USB cables and to praying to a higher power.

***. It's going to be Monday or Tuesday before I can get Neptune to help me out. I've also searched a bit for anyone that has possibly had the same problem I'm having but to no avail.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back