Daniel's Nem Propagation 120

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am rebooting my predator 120 (was supposed to be a predator reef...but my trigger ate every coral I put in there...). It will be an anemone propagation tank. I have already reserved several high end nems to be housed in here...I'd tell you which ones...but then I'd have to kill you. :xd:

The tank has been cleaned and rescaped. It's gotten a newly skinned stand, new Jebao WP25 powerheads, and will have a new DIY LED setup with Luxeon Rebels and Luxeon Ms (Luxeon's new 12w chip). It's up and cycling now. :D

Ammonia is at 0.5 ppm and nitrites are at 0.5 ppm.

Here are some pictures of the build.

1 empty.jpg

Ignore the canopy in this next pic. It's just there to take up space. LOL I'll be building a canopy to match the stand once I get the new lights.

2 new stand.jpg

Here's the rock used for the new aquascape. I made sure to get stuff without deep crevices bc I figure it will be easier to remove nem clones if I don't have to try to try and pry them out of deep wholes.

3 rock for scape.jpg

The scape started out as 2 separate rock formations, but ended up coming together. It's not what I would usually do, but I like it.

4 new scape 1.jpg

5 new scape 2.jpg

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very awesome man! never owned an Nem before but ive seriously been thinking about it. I hear they need alot of light but how much is alot? would a 4 bulb t5 setup be enough?

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, man! I love them. As far as light goes, if you can keep LPS, you can keep a nem. I'd say that if your light is good enough for your corals, then you're set. I'd recommend starting with bubble tip anemones as they're pretty hearty. I actually like them better than most any other kind of nems...better colors and easy to keep.

Last edited:

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like im set then lol! When you get these nems splitting in your setup I might have to give you a shout.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like im set then lol! When you get these nems splitting in your setup I might have to give you a shout.

;) Sounds good, bro! Let me know and I'll hook you up! :D

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is a great idea! I've always wanted a strictly anemone tank.

Awesome! I've been bitten by the BTA bug recently too. Good luck with the build.

Thanks guys! Now I just have to decide on inhabitants... Of course, I'll be keeping some really sweet nems. Planning to keep it (mostly) high end. I am however wondering about which fish to add. I know I want a sweet pair of designer clowns (thinking about frostbite chilled clowns...or phantom clowns...suggestions?). I am also thinking maybe a few more docile fish like a few dragonets...maybe a jawfish...thoughts?

I'm also still debating about whether or not to add corals or keep it strictly nems...I have a pretty good sized sand bed at least where I could keep some cool scolies, acans, favias, and zoas...still thinking it over...I figure I'd better be okay with any of the corals getting stung if one of the nems goes walk about.

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go all anemone. That way you don't risk any coral deaths. And I'd recommend a Wyoming white and phantom pair. They're polar opposites And it adds a nice effect to your tank.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1390790506.131487.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1390790533.482250.jpg

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good in boxing video!
Can't wait to see your next letting us know how you like or dislike this new product :)
And good luck in setting up your new tank! I love anemones....

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool can't wait to see this build come together.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good bud, guess its time for me to hurry up and get those lights finished :-D:-D

Yeah, man! Stop dragging yo feet! Lol

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's one of the guys going in there.

gy4yzaga.jpg

de6e6yse.jpg

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice nem..... Is that a sunburst?

I didn't buy it as a "sunburst." I got him as a "rainbow nem," so he doesn't have any kind of cool lineage (like back to Gonzo), but he's got awesome colors! He's definitely got the green, orange, and pink like you see in the pic. He's the hottest nem in my tank...for now... *suspenseful music building in background...*

Back