AL's Custom MRC 120g Build

AL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just got settled in Miami, Fl...moved from Atlanta. Tore down a 93cube and purchased this amazing system.

120g custom made MRC tank with a steel stand using wood panels to dress..all panels have magnets and can be removed. Closed loop system powered by Dart pump and Oceans Motions 4 way. For return a panworld, lighting will be the new 36" ReefBrite Led/MH combo. MRC Reef Sump, emperor aquatics UV, MRC Cal Reactor..and a few more goodies will be added.

Got started on plumbing and wow am I lucky.. The wife let me have a walk in closet for all fish related activities...so thru the wall we go, here's the progress so far

Feel free to ask ??s and make constructive criticism/comments
8yde7aze.jpg
a3u9epeh.jpg
2a2enube.jpg
yhy4a5u2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AL1

AL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...I added some water and glued the PVC....found a few leaks :/ and then the worst happened I overtightened the fitting going into the Reeflo pump which feeds the oceans motions, causing the neck to crack...what a nightmare not to mention i now need a new pump..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394052785.352211.jpg

MJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a nice setup Al.
Best of luck and keep the photos coming ;)
Do you plan on going BB?

OP
OP
AL1

AL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a nice setup Al.
Best of luck and keep the photos coming ;)
Do you plan on going BB?

Thanks bud!! I did consider going BB but I'm not quite sold on it yet, and I doubt I will...I want to keep a few wrasses and I know they like to bury in the sand...was really wanting a Blue spot jaw fish but kinda iffy with all the sand movement they can cause id hate to have my frags buried

OP
OP
AL1

AL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so instead of fixing the noisy dart pump I had purchased. I went ahead and bought a Reeflo Hammerhead from a fellow member. I know it might be an overkill but hey always more never less...with that being said I plan to use a ball valve to tone it down a bit. I'm pretty sure that I will now have enough flow without the use of powerheads. This is my first closed loop system so I'm really skeptical about the thought of not having any powerheads.

OP
OP
AL1

AL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397070377.133761.jpg

Alright all plumbed and ready to go..tons of flow..looks like sand, rocks and water this weekend..

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet display! Is your Reef Brite Halide a mogul fixture or a double ended fixture? Do you have a better pic of it? Thanks man:)

OP
OP
AL1

AL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet display! Is your Reef Brite Halide a mogul fixture or a double ended fixture? Do you have a better pic of it? Thanks man:)

It's the mogul...I'm really happy with the way it looks, can't wait to get some corals under them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397104746.973441.jpg

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the pic! This is one of my choices of fixtures for the new reef. Tuff choice! Looks great!!!!

OP
OP
AL1

AL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the pic! This is one of my choices of fixtures for the new reef. Tuff choice! Looks great!!!!

I was having a tough time deciding on a light... Led vs MH as this will be a sps dominant tank....this fixture seemed to solve it all, color pop of the led + tested and tried growth from MH

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. The other light I was looking at was the 3ft Hamilton Cebu. Halide and T-5 combo.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back