***Rob&Gab's 120G build.***

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im not that good at doing write up's so that will be where gab comes into play. :p anyways..

It was a matter of time before the 100G+ club came around. this hobby has been truly amazing, if it was not for Gab getting me into the hobby i would still not like SW fish and coral lol... (pretend i did not say that) well anyways Gab bought a 120G from our store we travel to upstate.

The tank is gonna fully cycle and all that fun stuff no fish or coral till about july gonna make sure X-fering over everything from the 65G to the 120G goes well and no losses. all new rock is gonna be done 3-4" sand bed.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION >.< {please be patient}. :)

Here is a teaser Photo.
DSC09311.jpg

DSC09313.jpg

Dashiki

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's too small you need to upgrade to at least 3x your current tank!!

Jk gl

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea we were gonna go a 200DD but decided we will do that in a few years if not next year lol. maybe a 300G. AHAHHAHA nah but this will be the upgrade for a while.

i want to get a salt mix witch is good gab ended up buying the Orange instant ocean reef crystals box. now im getting mixxed reviews. Should i go with the purple box?

also we just ordered a 150GPD rodi system from BRS should be here by tuesday

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GLWB buddy tagging along on this one .......what will it b a mixed reef or lps or sps dominated system ?

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gab was saying something about LPS. but i said GTHO . lol i was thinking SPS. But for now it might be Mixxed reef Who knows. going to find out once we get all in hand.

just ordered the 5 Stand BRS 150GPD and some rock to see how it looks, if i like the rock we might get some rock from BRS but idk till Tuesday.

also ordered a few bottles of AcroPower,

as for lighting We might get another ATI fixture. But If anything im gonna end up buying 2 more evergrow it2040s

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[h=1]BRS 5 Stage Water Saver PLUS
RO/DI System - 150GPD[/h]

Just made our first 20Gallons of water. :) ill get some more pictures of it up and running! :) so stoked.
DSC09392.jpg

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got a little upDate. Tank is still in no progression. BUT!! this sunday a buddy of Ours is gonna Help Build us The Stand. Were gonna go get Wood From HomeDepot and kill the stand in a Day, So the tank has something to sit on Finally.

Next step is, we are gonna buy about 100-150 Pounds of sand. As well as All New rock cause this is gonna be a fresh tank running with nothing in it till july.

Cant wait to get our new lights as well. We might be Switching From the LEDs on the Display to ATI 48" T5 Fixture But we are undecided right now.

More Updates to Come this Sunday With a ton of Pictures! : )

Clink51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let me know if you need additional hands for any moving dude, i can help with that.

i cant believe you said you're gonna walk away from LEDs... the shame!

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got a little upDate. Tank is still in no progression. BUT!! this sunday a buddy of Ours is gonna Help Build us The Stand. Were gonna go get Wood From HomeDepot and kill the stand in a Day, So the tank has something to sit on Finally.

Next step is, we are gonna buy about 100-150 Pounds of sand. As well as All New rock cause this is gonna be a fresh tank running with nothing in it till july.

Cant wait to get our new lights as well. We might be Switching From the LEDs on the Display to ATI 48" T5 Fixture But we are undecided right now.

More Updates to Come this Sunday With a ton of Pictures! : )

I just got rid of my reef radiance lights (just like the evergrows) and went with a ATI 6lamp fixture. It made a huge difference on my 65G. I am not in any way knocking the LEDs but they just werent working for me. Its only been a week and 2 of my browned out corals are beginning to color up and i am getting much better PE.

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let me know if you need additional hands for any moving dude, i can help with that.

i cant believe you said you're gonna walk away from LEDs... the shame!

AYE AYE! i never said gonna get rid of them. We have the best of both worlds right now and we love both Fixtures. But who knows where this journey will take us!, Thanks. I will be sure to hit you up if needed. This Sunday early morning into the afternoon we will be Building the Stand out side of the House.! :)

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PICTURES! :) Stand is now 50% complete. Knocked the Build Part. Now We are gonna Make Compartments for The Wires and The Electrical Trip Box to turn off everything one by one without unplugging anything. Also we are gonna Put a Skirt On it either Tomorrow Or Next weekend. But im pretty happy,

Had a fun Day. ENjoy Please comment as well on anything you see.!!!! Thanks.

My Boy Rob Helped me Buld the Stand. Funny How both of our names are ROB :p too funny.

DSC09650.jpg
DSC09651.jpg
DSC09652.jpg
DSC09653.jpg
DSC09654.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back