spspirates 150 gallon build

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1409577602086.jpg

I am not regretting at all going with this beast and I know in the future when you get yours you will be happy with it too!

TinpanVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great andy, wish my build was moving forward. Looks like that skimmer was made for that aquabox!

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That skimmer looks great in that sump! Looks tiny in there too. Your getting ever so close to filling this beast! Need to get some free time and come check it out.

Thanks Bobby! It will get the job done for a whole but yes will be upgrading in the future.

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me about it. Where did you find them anyway?

Finally tracked down two 1.5 inch black ABS U-bend pieces for the primary and secondary drains for the Ghost Overflow. This was no easy task. Definitely not a part that you would find at a walk in supply store.

IMG_1335_zps617eeaca.jpg

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found them at Ferguson Plumbing. I found out that modular housing uses ABS for plumbing. Why ABS and not PVC I don't know. So I talked to some one that knew about this and gave me a name to a company that supplies it. It came off a P-Trap and is much cheaper than buying a U-bend by its self. The guy on the phone told me that they don't stock on the shelf and it's a item no one uses except plumbing for modular housing so it had to be ordered. I don't know what Felix is using but it sure would be cool if it came with the Ghost...lol!

Mr. D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass doors. Now that's something I've never considered. Reminds me of people who have the led lighting inside gaming PCs. I bet it would looks awesome.

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very impressive build. Your sump is so nice it's to bad it will be behind doors. You should consider using glass doors

Thanks! Glass doors would be cool! I've got European hinges on the doors. The doors just snap on and off with ease.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't you date start the water . We are neck and neck right now with out builds lol.

Hahahahha lol

Glass doors sounds nice . Go fancy with auto change frosted to clear glass:) now that's something :p

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! I still need to get my return pump, hose, rock and sand. I'm working on the electrical now. O yeah...RODI station is still underway.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have hose and sand .

Waiting on the light skimmer return pump have all the dry Marco rock we need 10x over lol.

So were almost same place lol.

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3/4in bulkheads and 90 barbs are in. I know........boring!....LOL

IMG_1400_1_zps6fbb575d.jpg

IMG_1401_1_zpsf32b3105.jpg

Last edited:

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boring?? Nehh, not to me anyways! I enjoy viewing even the smallest details of the smart, well thoughtout, and effective plumbing of a system. I'm excited to see the final product! May be slow moving now, but I'm sure you will appreciate it, even the small things, once everything is put together, working, and looking great! Keep the updates coming!

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
come on andy all we get is a bulkhead and a 90 barb. lololol lets see some aquascape or equip the goodies you know what they are lolol

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boring?? Nehh, not to me anyways! I enjoy viewing even the smallest details of the smart, well thoughtout, and effective plumbing of a system. I'm excited to see the final product! May be slow moving now, but I'm sure you will appreciate it, even the small things, once everything is put together, working, and looking great! Keep the updates coming!

Thank you. Yeah even the small stuff I'm putting on here. Your right it's all part of the big picture. Once the build is done it'll be all eye candy and I'll miss the building part. It's def fun!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back