My new tank

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just upgraded and am ready to build this bad boy. Ill post more pics and specs later after I wake up lol but here it is so far. It's all star fire
9CBF2BD9-B1B2-4593-B3C0-3AE8E2F9B1C1.jpg

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the sump
7647E296-1C88-4CD0-BBF5-51A66E7C261D.jpg

7C0C4AAD-E9E5-4E03-AE98-A0D76B3F4553.jpg

It's 52x18x12.5
Tank is 60x24x18 rimless euro brace. The sump has five chambers it is huge. This was was of those deals that I just couldn't pass up. Not sure if I'm going to hard plum it yet still need to find out where it's going to sit. Living in a raised foundation home gets me kinda worried for placement. I was told to get a 8x4 foot plywood to help disperse the weight but I think I might have to go under the house still and add some extra support? As lighting I'm stuck between t5 or led. Also has a canopy but not sure if I'm going to use that or hang the light. So many decisions to choose from lol. I'm not in a huge hurry but want it running soon so my fish and coral can have their new home. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I found its spot.
99A479A8-4775-48FF-A001-9E8B47514AEF.jpg

Now I have to look under the house to make sure it's weight can be supported.

TriggerThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all awesome tank
Second of all do not put it soo close to that outside wall that you can't clean the glass or anything.
Third supporting under the house isn't that bad. Just some concrete blocks and 4x4s with tight shims under that. Only problem you might have other than that would be the blocks sinking into the dirt.
So maybe something under them to help disperse the weight.
Just don't put wood directly on the ground, you'll invite termites on up to the house.
But it right next to an exterior wall and another wall is a very strong spot in a house.
Just make 100% sure Bc moving it after will be impossible

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys and I only put it that close to the one wall for now just to have some walk around room I had to move a hutch and table and a rug. It'll be pushed to the left more when it's ready to to be set up. And thanks for the info on the support for under the house TriggerThis.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this is my return bulkhead and pipe. Should I glue them? It is a tight fit down there no room for mistake if the pipe pushes out with the glue and a threaded fitting is a no go. Maybe I can just use flex tube and a few barbed connectors idk.
CF35FF70-586C-43FB-A6C5-179AEF1A0183.jpg

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this is my return bulkhead and pipe. Should I glue them? It is a tight fit down there no room for mistake if the pipe pushes out with the glue and a threaded fitting is a no go. Maybe I can just use flex tube and a few barbed connectors idk.
CF35FF70-586C-43FB-A6C5-179AEF1A0183.jpg

Is this going to be inside the overflow or on the outside? I never glue anything inside the overflow. If there's ever a problem it would a nightmare trying to get in and remove any of it. Just make sure you seat the pipe all the way in to prevent any leaks. At this point in the plumbing there shouldn't be too much pressure.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this going to be inside the overflow or on the outside? I never glue anything inside the overflow. If there's ever a problem it would a nightmare trying to get in and remove any of it. Just make sure you seat the pipe all the way in to prevent any leaks. At this point in the plumbing there shouldn't be too much pressure.
Ya it's going in the over flow. Should I put some Teflon tape around it?

And I can't wait either and it's going to be a sand bottom. Just trying to find the right sand.
Should I clean the rock more? It is a greenish color on one side of the rocks.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use anything since it's inside the overflow box. As long as it's a snug fit...if it seems a little loose you can use some tape...mine does fine without anything.

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you still have to drill it? That looks borderline on both sides, do it nice and slow with lots of water. Bulkheads never need anything, just pop it in and hand tightened followed by 1/4 turn and your set.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you still have to drill it? That looks borderline on both sides, do it nice and slow with lots of water. Bulkheads never need anything, just pop it in and hand tightened followed by 1/4 turn and your set.
No drilling it's already drilled.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a rodi unit today gave it a test run and all works just great. A brs 6 stage 75g a day unit.
A7654011-C157-404A-945D-3AEB186C64BA.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
Back