Matts 150g sps tank

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new here to r2r. I have been in the hobby for almost two years and have been keeping corals for about a year and a half. I was mostly keeping softies and Lps, but i set up this tank last September and switched to a mostly sps tank. I just purchased a new canon sl1, so better pictures will be coming soon. Here's my latest venture.
150g DT 60x26x24
50g sump with a 20g refugium
ASM G3 skimmer
6x80w T5 (3 blue+, 2 coral+, and a purple+) and I will be adding at least one strip of blue cree LED's soon
2 WP40's
Fish List: 3 blue/green chromis, 1 strawberry psuedochromis, two clownfish, 3 lyretail anthias (2F 1M), blue hippo tang, and an emperor angelfish. I may add more later but Im good with what I have for now.
Coral list: neon green toadstool, hairy mushrooms, orange/purple ricordeas, galaxea, kenya tree and pulsing xenia (both are food for my angel) and too many sps to list.

I top water off manually every day and I dose manually with ph/alkalinity & calcium every day, magnesium once a week. I like doing it this way to learn my tank before I switch over everything to an auto setup.

We'll enjoy and I look forward to learning from everyone.

OP
OP
Msmith2813

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first bought the tank used from someone local

The wife wanted the stand and canopy black so I had to strip and stain it.

The business end of the tank

Just transferred the corals over
[/quote]

OP
OP
Msmith2813

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of removing the sand bed because I've been having issues with it, so ignore the funk on the bottom.
I'll be adding new sand back in later.
Here's the tank today

I'm in the process of removing the sand bed because I've been having issues with it, so ignore the funk on the bottom.
I'll be adding new sand back in later.

Side shot
[/quote]

Side shot
[/quote]

OP
OP
Msmith2813

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy..not sure what happened to the last post but I sure messed it up. Here's the other photo I was meaning to post
Fts

OP
OP
Msmith2813

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed spectrum pellets daily (and I just purchased the algaemax) so we'll see how the fish like that. I also feed homemade frozen fish food (different types of shrimp, squid, mussels, clams, spinach, red and green seaweed) once a day. I have started trying the new era grazer rings while I'm at work and my fish seem to like them. I started using acropower a few weeks back, so far the pe has increased a lot, but I'm not sure about growth or coloration. I supplement the food with garlic, vitamin c, and angelixir for the emperor. And I spot feed the corals once a week with reef chili. That's all I can think of.
I don't use biopellets or grow. I passively run carbon and po4 export in the sock filter.

OP
OP
Msmith2813

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a new camera recently and these are the first photos I have taken with it. I definitely need to practice some more, but they definitely look better than my phone pics.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!

OP
OP
Msmith2813

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still practicing with the camera

Borealis

Purple stylo. I have it too low so it's growing up instead of bushy

Red planet. I keep it in the middle so I get the red/pink and the green

Garf bonsai

OP
OP
Msmith2813

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added some new corals to the tank yesterday. I put in a tyree pink lemonade, atl sof, strawberry fields, RMF Diablo milli, RMF tricolor prostrata, Rommels Rainbow, an awesome looking light blue and purple piece (was a wild piece before the guys tank), and an ORA Insignis. I got them in the tank last night, so pics will be coming soon.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow beautiful reef!

OP
OP
Msmith2813

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm lucky with my angel so far, he's a pretty peaceful tank mate! We'll see when he becomes an adult, hopefully he'll be trained by then

Back