120 Reef Savvy tank - All SPS setup

Bubblewood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<p>Ok here they are....DRUM ROLL..... B-) </p><p>This tank will be a SPS tank with lots of swimming room for the new home owners. Going the dry rock on this one. I have 3 large pieces that will set the stage for explosion of color. :)<br>Going T5 for lighting with the ATI 8 bulb setup. Very large sump will be the heart of the tank. (2) MP-40's will give all the motion for the corals. Ok done with the talk...Here comes the pictures. :-bd&nbsp; </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p><br>Love this overflow box....The slot on the bottom is the return. No lines or hoses or wires going in this tank will be seen..</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>The front of my stand will cased with black marble with white veining. (Italy) pictures to come on this. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>More to come very soon....Will be looking for a kick start for some cheto if anyone has any FS... :-c <br>Let me know what you think. I will be interfacing this into my current Apex setup. Details for that coming soon. I will be tying into my calcium reactor also.</p>

OP
OP
B

Bubblewood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after a few minor set backs on my 240 (All is good) & also taking the rimless 20gal nano tank and plumbing it into the main system I have a frag tank! :)
It was finally time to get back into the "Savvy mode" So after a few hours last night till 2:30AM we have water flowing into this SPS tank. Tonight will be setting up reactors (Carbon & GFO) Carbon will be running only for right now. I will be doing some tweaking with the sump and getting the lights back on the tank also. So here a few pictures of it.
Comments welcome...:)

They are talking about the new home...

OP
OP
B

Bubblewood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mini school of Anthias of some (2) Tangs (Achilles , Black tang) would love to have a pair of Alpha aquaculture rare clowns. Just haven't picked a set out. Lastly a copper band BF. This tank will be all SPS. :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

OP
OP
B

Bubblewood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well....this sucks my tank is crystal clear running great and there is no fish in the tank. So as I sat this evening looking at and planning my strategic coral layout it hit me. My current scape doesn't allow much room for coral growth on top and I didn't really have a lot of areas to place corals. Then I busted out the par meter and holy **** balls! The top of all my rock work was was 480-540!
**** time to get wet and figure something else out that will give me more room for coral placement and room for growth! Anyone that has seen my current 240 knows that the corals are packed in there. :)
So here's my current layout which I extremely happy with. I think it gives me everything I was looking for and more. (FYI...I was getting 260 on the sand bed also) guess not a bad thing to have.
So anyways here's the pictures. What do you think?
Still needs to clear up some.

reid429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would chop the bottom off most of those rocks to shorten them more since it's a more shallow style tank

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back