Angel "Reef" AKA Los Angeles

cutterx23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always like trying crazy things, and having space and extra tanks always helps, so figure why not throw a bunch of angels all in a tank, better yet, throw a butterfly, morish idol, and some other coral eaters in there with mushrooms, nems, palys, and see how it goes!!! I like to call it Los Angeles, the reef of angels.

OP
OP
cutterx23

cutterx23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good. I had a shroom that started to spew it's guts out because it was at coral war with my pink tube nem and my Burgess butterfly finished it off, was slightly afraid he might get a taste for them based on that, but he hasn't bothered anything else since that shroom has been finished off. All the angels have been great with the corals, and with interactions between them. Besides a little initial interaction between the Queen and Blueface, everybody has been getting along great. Although I think this will likely be more of a one off, just got lucky, if I get away with it, far from the norm.

Ryan2428

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def far from normal lol . But in return I have 2 pairs of clowns 1 set of clarkies 1 set of orcelias clowns going on 2 months still a family lol. And this is supposed to be not normal aswell lol

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good!

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the selection of fish. tank does look good! what are you feeding the moorish idol?

OP
OP
cutterx23

cutterx23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nori, mysis, enriched brine, cyclopeeze, blood worms, krill, fresh clams and mussels. Just gotta find what they are into at the beginning, that's the toughest part.

OP
OP
cutterx23

cutterx23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHA man I saw the perfect one when I got the queen, it was about 4-5" but already had its full adult markings!! Almost had to have it, but if the queen lets me add any more, I may try a french and emperor. So we will see...

OP
OP
cutterx23

cutterx23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well yesterday my Queen finally learned to eat!!! Now she pigs out like the rest of them. I love watching them start to figure out what food is, and it seems to be so much help when there are other similar fish in there eating, shows the new fish what is food, and you can almost just kinda watch it click in their brains. So cool. So now everybody is eating, getting along, and most importantly STILL ALIVE!! So far so good. Angel lovers might be time for the rest of you to try something ;)

OP
OP
cutterx23

cutterx23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update, all members of Los Angeles are still alive and well. The queen angel after learning to eat decided to get real shy and not eat for a few days. Started making me nervous that he was headed down the wrong path but then yesterday returned to normal behavior. There is absolutely no fin damage, no aggression, nothing that would indicate these fish dislike being housed together. Think I've gotten pretty lucky.

Fieryfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am following this. I could never put Angels in with all my coral. I just don't have the balls for that.

OP
OP
cutterx23

cutterx23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya it will be interesting adding any new coral. They don't appear to be bothering any if the coral that is in there already but they have a strong association with anything going in the tank being food. My burgess butterfly will come and nip my hands even.

jason g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh look all beautiful fish I've always wanted but can't have because of all the corals in my tank. Man your lucky. Lol

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back