Scott's 270g aka Project Mayhem

TankRazr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superb build, great thread, tagging along. You have some really nice pieces in there, this is going to be fun to watch this tank progress.

TR

OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. I am about to get on a helicopter to fly over the Yellowstone National Park. Putting the cameras to use :)

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank, the tile on the front of it looks killer. Ive always wanted to do somehting like that

OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the offer! We are already up in Cranbrook, BC. We had originally gone into Yellowstone through the north east entrance, then left out the south, went back in from the south, out the north central entrance and then back in and out again through the north west exit :) We used the north exit to go to Bozeman, MT to catch the chopper. So far we have put on about 3300km :)

OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trip ended up being 4150km in a 9 days. Awesome experience!

I have ~60 pictures loaded up on my website :) Check them out when you get bored!

Kind of a crap picture but you get the idea :)

i-tTh6fGh-XL.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the crew take the door off of the helicopter. The one we took was a bell R44. I use Nikon gear. Those would have been with a D800e and D700 using either a 28-70f2.8 nikkor or the 70-200f2.8 VRII nikkor. The D800e was on a rapid strap and the D700 was around my neck.

Fish76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an amazing job, the construction pics alone are impressive by itself! Sweet tank man, very cool!

OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I always wanted to document the "big" build :) It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how big and cool one persons build is..... there is ALWAYS a bigger, cooler build lol! Like hey, I need to build a wall.... then the next build is hey, I need to build a whole new house for the tank!

OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having issues with my 220v breaker kicking out and leaving my circulation pumps off. Problem is I don't know if it's a faulty GFCI breaker or the Abyzz pumps malfunctioning. And currently it's completely random. Any ideas on how I can test for either specifically? I have an electrician coming in to check the breaker and the load on the circuit.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back