AScarbro's 36 Bow Front

AScarbro14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I've been away from the reef world and finally decided it was time to set up another reef. I always wanted a bow front tank and I really don't have room for a 72 so I found a 36 with a stand at a pretty good deal. Slowly getting everything together and I am really wanting to do this one right. Here's what I have so far.

Stuff I have so far
36 Bow Front Tank and Stand
15 Long Custom Sump
Maxspect R420R 160w 16k
MP10es
Gl*******s 700 gph overflow
Two Little Fishies Phosban Reactor
Fuge Light
65 lbs of Dry Rock (Won't use all)

In the Mail and on its way
Reefkeeper Lite
Mag 7 return pump
2 100w Jager TruTemp Heaters
Tunze Osmolater Nano

So far I have got the tank drill and the back painted black. Also I wanted to do a bare bottom tank but hated how unsightly the glass looked on the bottom. So I found some paint that looked like sand and painted the bottom of the tank other than the crossbar in the middle it looks amazing.
I ran into the problem of I didn't want my rock sitting on the glass bottom of the tank. So I got a piece of 3/8 acrylic and cut it to the shape of the bottom of the tank for protection and so I could still see my false sand bottom :)

The aquascape is already built. I wanted to go with an overhang and leave part of the tank kinda open for swimming room. I learned very quickly that it was alot harder to drill the rock than I thought it would be. I used a 3/8 and 1/2 masonry bits to drill the holes in the rock and used JB Water Weld and 3/8 and 1/2 acrylic rods to hold it together.

Anyway here are some pics of my progress and equipment.

OP
OP
AScarbro14

AScarbro14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks it's still a work in progress. I learned with my last tank not to rush anything and save money and get the good equipment.

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 36 is my first and.its a budget build so itll be crappy haha. But yeah definitely best route is to go slow.and do.it rigjt

OP
OP
AScarbro14

AScarbro14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just can't wait for the rest of the equipment to come in the mail so I can get this thing up and running.

I'm debating on building a bigger stand so I can have more room cause I can barely fit the sump in the stand lol

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built a bigger stand so i can begin making a sump (no one knows about yet ) i already made the sump a 20 long. So i needed more space i wanted to do a false bottom but the cross bar kept ******* me off

OP
OP
AScarbro14

AScarbro14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to build it with a door on the side with a small compartment just for all the plug ins and controller. I really want to keep the water away from the electricity lol

OP
OP
AScarbro14

AScarbro14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I shocked the crap out of myself on my 90 and I really don't want that to happen again.

OP
OP
AScarbro14

AScarbro14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipment of all my goodies will be here tomorrow :) then it will be time to make some real progress.

Also skimmer is on back order for about a week.

OP
OP
AScarbro14

AScarbro14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll everything went I'm the back burner for a little bit but the tank has water in it now and no leaks so that good. Once the water eats up to temp I will be adding the salt. Also I got some seachem pond matrix that I will be putty in a Two Little Fishies reactor and will be adding it once the pump and rector are done soaking it water and vinegar.

Wags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow love the aquascape! What are your stocking plans. I bet it's going to look great with coral all over it

OP
OP
AScarbro14

AScarbro14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow love the aquascape! What are your stocking plans. I bet it's going to look great with coral all over it

Not to sure on stocking plans yet. Haven't really set on what corals I even want yet. I'm going to get another mp10 before anything goes in though that is for sure lol

Back