Don's 100 gallon rimless build

jaguars4263

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my name is Don I recently ordered a 2015 100 gallon Cad lights ArtisanII. The tank will be here next week. Here is a photo of the tank
image.jpg
they say the new stands are made of furnature grade plywood. I heard some bad things of the old stands so we'll see. Here is some of the other equipment I will be using. 2 AI hydra 26's
image.jpg
I'll be mounting them on the back of the stand with the AI ext rails
image.jpg
2 ecotech mp10's and a jebao wp25
image.jpg
My skimmer is a Bubble Magus NAC 7
image.jpg
I will keep y'all updated as soon as my tank gets here and I set it up. Thanks for checking it out!

OP
OP
jaguars4263

jaguars4263

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that i havent uploaded any pics lately. Ive been busy with work. The tank has been up and running for about 3 weeks now. Here are a couple iphone pics! I promise i will keep yall updated. Thanks
olive 083.jpg

olive 087.jpg

olive 088.jpg

olive 089.jpg

olive 090.jpg

OP
OP
jaguars4263

jaguars4263

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pitty on guard dont think about touching my tank! hahaha she's a big baby
IMG_0839.jpg

Since i cant have a Queen trigger a Parrot fish and a Huma Huma trigger in a reef tank ill just have pics of them. My wife found these cool pictures online!!
IMG_0847.jpg

redtigrinus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet build!!! I'm glad to see this thread because I am strongly considering getting this exact tank. How have you liked the stand so far? There older stands did have some issues and I think it was because of the materials used. I have an older 50 Gallon long from them and the stand is still structurally sound but it doesn't do well with moisture and salt creep.

The Ai Hydra 26's seems to be putting out a lot of light. They look awesome. What made you go with the Hydra 26's vs one of the other options out there?

What type of corals do you intend to keep?

Really nice build!

OP
OP
jaguars4263

jaguars4263

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the tank and stand! The stand is made from plywood now instead of partical board like the old ones. I chose the AI 26s because the price of them were good and they say they have just as much or more power than the hydras. They are very nice lights with a good spectrum. I plan on having sps on top of the reef and lps on the sand.
Sweet build!!! I'm glad to see this thread because I am strongly considering getting this exact tank. How have you liked the stand so far? There older stands did have some issues and I think it was because of the materials used. I have an older 50 Gallon long from them and the stand is still structurally sound but it doesn't do well with moisture and salt creep.

The Ai Hydra 26's seems to be putting out a lot of light. They look awesome. What made you go with the Hydra 26's vs one of the other options out there?

What type of corals do you intend to keep?

Really nice build!

redtigrinus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had any issues with "disco ball" effect with the 26's? I saw a tank that had the hydra 52's and there was a ton of color separation and the lighting didn't really blend. Could just be that the light wasn't quite dialed in right.

OP
OP
jaguars4263

jaguars4263

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had any issues with "disco ball" effect with the 26's? I saw a tank that had the hydra 52's and there was a ton of color separation and the lighting didn't really blend. Could just be that the light wasn't quite dialed in right.
No my lights blend really good I love the color I can choose. Was it a video or was it in person you saw this? And yes I have bought quite a lot of corals and fish lol. I know I'm suppose to take it slow but I hate the wait! I haven't had any coral or fish deaths everything looks good. I'll take some pics soon I've been busy with work.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back