Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Renton777’s Tank

Tank Info:
72""x30""x22"" AGE with powder coated stainless steel bracing, glass (Approx 200 gallons)
External overflow box
72"x30"x36" Powder coated steel stand from AGE
The stand is skinned with oak cabinetry

Sump:
All filtration is housed in the bottom of the stand. I am always envious of those with remote sump locations and fishrooms…...some day I shall have a fish room!
60x24x16 Acrylic Sump/Refugium

Skimmer:
SRO 3000INT

Flow:
2 x Tunze 6105 controlled via Apex
2 x Jebo - Set to wave pulse mode
1x 6215 Wave Box
Water Blaster 7000 return pump

Lighting:
4 x AI Sol Blue LED
1 x 48†Custom “Buildmyled†strip light, heavy on cyan and green leds controlled vai the Apex VDM.
1x AI Sol Nano over the little frag section in my refugium

The Buildmyled strip

Dosing:
2 - Part dosing using BRS bulk Calcium and Sodium Bicarbonate and BRS dosing pumps controlled via the Apex.

Controller:
Neptune Ape,x 2 x EB8, VDM module

Maintenance:
Filter socks changed every 4 days
Weekly 50 gallon water change (25%)
1000ml EcoBak Plus Bio Pellets
Occasionally run GFO and Carbon when needed

In the future:
I plan on automating my water changes with the yet-to-be released Neptune Systems DOS. My plan is to program it to change 7 - 8 gallons a day.

Oh, and in the next couple years we will be either adding on to our house, or moving to a new one. Regardless of which option is chosen, a fishroom and a larger tank is a non-negotiable automatic part of the plan.

Coral Stock List:
I am a collector (classy way of saying a coral addict). The collector in me has resulted in my tank being a hybrid reef tank/frag tank. I continually try and get permission from my wife to set up a frag tank and I am continually denied :) . Anyways, for the sake of time I will post a few pictures rather than list all of the coral.

Fish:

Male/Female pair of Orange Spot Filefish. I have had the male for about 2 years and the female for 1.5 years. I got the male from Diver’s Den and the Female from an LFS. Both of them were eating frozen foods when I got them (Mysis, Brine, Ova) and they quickly took to the tine 0.5mm Sustainable Aquatics Dry Hatchery Diet. They now also pick at the nori clip. They do continually pick at my sps polyps, resulting in the polyps being retracted all day. Color and growth rate on the sps corals do not seem to be affected much if at all.

Achilles Tang. Only eats brine, nori and loves the 0.5mm Sustainable Aquatics Dry Hatchery Diet, won’t eat any other pellets

And a bunch of other fish I will post pictures of…..

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A shot of my naked tank early on in its build:
IMAG0284.jpg

If you want to see more of my tank check out my build thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/large-aquariums-180g/101447-rentons-custom-200-a.html

Last edited:

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BAM!!!!!!!! There it is! I love seeing your reef! Sorry to hear about your niece though, I wish her a speedy recovery.
Thanks so much for the compliment and the kind words regarding our niece! She's in a splint for a couple of days til we see the pediatric ortho - it's gonna be interesting trying to keep her off that foot until then, LOL!

Wow Mike&Terry!! That's one seriously serious tank!

Do you have a roomba in there? because that tank is CLEAN!
Roomba? We wish, LOL! Old fashioned elbow grease... Thanks so much for the awesome compliment!

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since there are reports that he may burst with anticipation and the fact that he has stopped by and hung out with my reef, I am tagging mdbannister
While I will PM him, I don't that that will be necessary with one of the most active contributors and posters on the forum!

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for tagging me Mike&Terry .....even if it was at 2am in the morning while I was sleeping, giving me no chance to run away :)

mwahahaaaaaah :xd:

Thanks for being a good sport and playing along - you were quick with the update! Your tank is chock-full-of good stuff and we LOVE those Orange Spots! :bigsmile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang - those last 2 uptags were off the hook - awesome stuff you 2. Always great to see an incredible reef that is still a fish tank (saw the M&T fish list and my eyes popped) tank looks incredible!

Those files are cool! And sick flower nem garden - I thought mine was cool. Thanks for the birds eye view - awesome addition!

Great idea including a link to your tank threads in the post - might be a good edit to be made on the template in the 1st post?? All though now adays its nice to see so many peeps with links in their signature

Last edited:
OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and renton - there has to be something wrong with that bounce shroom.lol - that thing is sick!!!

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously!?! You want my productivity to drop to 0% today? That's a great feed, and there's so much action going on! Very nice!
That's what i'm saying! I'm at work and this cam is just too much! Great stuff! That webcam is sweet. Awesome thread here! The cabinetry on Mike&Terry and Renton's is beautiful! keep it up :thumb:

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a pm was needed.lol - thought md was stocked locked and ready to rock.?.

Since there are reports that he may burst with anticipation and the fact that he has stopped by and hung out with my reef, I am tagging mdbannister
While I will PM him, I don't that that will be necessary with one of the most active contributors and posters on the forum!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL!! Sorry guys! I'm getting to it today. Unfortunately, my excuse isn't anything nearly as exciting as video feeds! We had a sick kiddo. :(

But I'll be ready with an update in the next little while! Promise! :)

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL!! Sorry guys! I'm getting to it today. Unfortunately, my excuse isn't anything nearly as exciting as video feeds! We had a sick kiddo. :(

Yea, yea, yea. We've all heard that before

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This guy is full of excuses. Chop chop!

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking forward to md's since he was tagged a while back - I'll just continue to wait patiently :) stunning tanks so far! love the webcam and those orange spotted filefish are the bomb!

Last edited:

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking forward to md's since he was tagged a while back - I'll just continue to wait patiently :) stunning tanks so far! love the webcam and those orange spotted filefish are the bomb!

I hope your patience is great, your going to be waiting a while...

Mdb

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back