Yeah baby - yeahhh!!!! 150g!!

Fish76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Nothing like starting up a tank again, looking fwd to seeing the tank grow :)

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eienna,

so glad you were able to get back in so fast and that you hvae a good "Therapy" going. LOL.

as for the tank, I have a few suggestions and Questions.

1. You said Reef octopus skimmer? what version? can you take a photo? those are some of the best ones on the market. is it a sucking noise from the air intake or a vigration from the pump? what pump does it have?

2. Im not a fan of the egg crate in the sand. but so long as it is not setup like the Plennum of the past, you should be ok with using it to set your rock on. Dont add in too much sand and get it too deep.

3. What lights did it come with? what did you add to it?

Reefermadness73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eienna,

so glad you were able to get back in so fast and that you hvae a good "Therapy" going. LOL.

1. You said Reef octopus skimmer? what version? can you take a photo? those are some of the best ones on the market. is it a sucking noise from the air intake or a vigration from the pump? what pump does it have?

2. Im not a fan of the egg crate in the sand. but so long as it is not setup like the Plennum of the past, you should be ok with using it to set your rock on. Dont add in too much sand and get it too deep.

3. What lights did it come with? what did you add to it?

Not to high jack but I have a Reef Octo skimmer that I feel is a little to loud as well... Mine is the sucking noise from the air intake.
Any tips on how I could quite it down ??

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eienna,

1. You said Reef octopus skimmer? what version? can you take a photo? those are some of the best ones on the market. is it a sucking noise from the air intake or a vigration from the pump? what pump does it have? I don't know what the pump is...and maybe I can get a shot in the daytime. It's quieted down some - it WAS making kind of a grindy noise, but now it just hums/buzzes kinda loud for my taste. It's missing its feet, I think, and that could be a culprit...

2. Im not a fan of the egg crate in the sand. but so long as it is not setup like the Plennum of the past, you should be ok with using it to set your rock on. Dont add in too much sand and get it too deep. Right. The sand barely covers it.

3. What lights did it come with? what did you add to it? It's an LED fixture...I'm not sure what model or brand. I'll try to get a shot of that, too. I'm adding a 48" Coralife T5 fixture once the QT'd fish are done using it.

Not to high jack but I have a Reef Octo skimmer that I feel is a little to loud as well... Mine is the sucking noise from the air intake.
Any tips on how I could quite it down ??
No idea...guys, do tell!

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish are eating and active, even in their rather bare QT...
My Daddy's goldfish, who were very sick with a bacterial infection when I showed up, are almost done with their treatment...
The corals look healthy and happy...
And nothing's broken yet.

WHOO! Life is GOOD!

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is almost all the fish. I didn't get a shot of the purple tang yet. Sorry, the glass on the QT was all dirty n_n;;;
IMG_20141004_143747.jpg
IMG_20141004_143902.jpg
IMG_20141004_143919.jpg
IMG_20141004_143922.jpg

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks a little dimmer than it is, but here's a video with my corals n_n
[video=youtube;NMvUwSaS_GY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMvUwSaS_GY&list=UUy4ytu8aV9KvCG0DftQc_6g[/video]

and the other...not so good either...has the purple tang in QT that I'm keeping.
[video=youtube;LCM1lnc46mk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCM1lnc46mk&list=UUy4ytu8aV9KvCG0DftQc_6g[/video]

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Warning! Don't put that domino damsel in your display tank. They are the spawn of satan.
He came with the tank, and actually he's been pretty good...the blue tang buddies up with him when she's getting harassed by the other two tangs XD nobody dares bother him. He probably is getting sold with the others...only the purple tang i staying, most likely. I may opt to keep the blue instead because she's the gentlest, but we'll see.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...this is bad...
The domino looks really sick. He's ragged, breathing fast, and pale....but I don't know what's wrong.
The hippo showed up with ich spots again this morning, which I take to mean the treatment may not be working after all...I did NOT want to have to use copper...

Bleh.

On the upside, the corals appear to be thriving.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a side note, I know ich can take several weeks to get rid of, but my guys are getting worse, not better, so this is clearly not the cure. :/

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaaand the MP40 just quit.
I need a decent replacement, if anyone has suggestions?

What would be a good Tunze for a 150g?

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back