Yeah baby - yeahhh!!!! 150g!!

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooo....I got dumped my husband, as some of you know, and was forced to leave my aquariums behind.
I thought this would be the end of my hobby for a while.

NOT!!!!!!!!

Dad bought me a LOVELY used setup - I am so happy with it I could cry!! It's 150 gallons with happy corals and a few fish. It's only a few months old, and given the equipment it was an incredible deal at $1000. Even as a deal, though, I'm shocked I got it!! MY DADDY ROCKS!! He says it's part of my new start.

I can't get tight shots right now and it's not really up to show yet, but I've had it for about a week and this is it!
Snapshot_20140929_5.jpg
Snapshot_20140929_9.jpg

Last edited:

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! My daughter gets married in three weeks. If he ever dumps her I would do something similar for my daughter :)

Aqua fire/medic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! My daughter gets married in three weeks. If he ever dumps her I would do something similar for my daughter :)

My daughter is only 3 now but if she ever got dumped like that I would probably not be so kind to her ex if you know what I mean.

Congrats on the new tank :)

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time no talk. Sorry to hear! You don't diserve that.

Anyways. Great looking start. Gonna be Afi g more rock.? Also covering that frag rack? Or not gonna add anymore sand?!? I can ask 10million questions .

Anyways missed ya! Haven't seen you post much :( my late night junkie buddy!

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter is only 3 now but if she ever got dumped like that I would probably not be so kind to her ex if you know what I mean.

Congrats on the new tank :)
Haha...yeah, I have a couple people who would love to give him what-for...

Congrats lady! Glad to hear your new start us off to a positive one...
Thanks! n_n

Yay! Can't wait to see progression of this.
Neither can I! :D

Very nice!
Thank you!

congrats! It is going to be awesome :)
It already is, IMO XD I love it.

Long time no talk. Sorry to hear! You don't diserve that.

Anyways. Great looking start. Gonna be Afi g more rock.? Also covering that frag rack? Or not gonna add anymore sand?!? I can ask 10million questions .

Anyways missed ya! Haven't seen you post much :( my late night junkie buddy!
Haha. Yeah...I didn't feel like posting much during the time I was dealing with everything and then when I lost my tanks. I'm back now, though!

Ask all the questions you want <3 I enjoy answering them!

Yes, I plan to add more rock. I have some dry stuff soaking in RO now to hopefully draw out the phosphates. I also have four bags of live sand waiting to cover the egg crate - I heard of a trick where you put eggcrate under the rockwork; if the scape caves in, it will hit the crate and break that rather than your tank bottom. That's what that's for. I just want to let things settle a bit before adding new sand.

Nothing is better than familyyyyyyyyyy.... your pops is the best. :)
Yes he is <3 I can't keep up with him but he rocks XDD

Congrats!!
Thanks much n_n

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a beautiful tank good job dad :) good luck with the tank and your new start

jason g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's just awesome. Sorry you are going through a hard time with your ex husband. I myself use my tank as a getaway from whatever B.S. life seems to throw at me from time to time. I consider my tank as my therapist. Lol When I'm reefing I get lost for awhile and forget about all that. Anyways congrats on the upgrade. :)

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cal 400, Mag 1150. Looks like I have some adjusting to do.
About half the water I used was from the prior setup....come to find out the guy probably wasn't dosing Mag at all :/ but I'll take care of this n_n in the meantime, the corals look happy, and the fish appear healthy whith super appetites n________n

The skimmer pump makes more noise than it probably should...gonna have that looked at. Anyone else have that problem with the 200g-rated Reef Octopus in-sump skimmer?

There's also aiptasia...I really really like copperbands, so once I get the more aggressive fish out of the system (I'm rehoming all but one tang, most likely) I'm gonna try one. Gotta make sure I get one that's eating good. I should get some Reef Frenzy food first, too. And possibly a culture of blackworms.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, joy. Ich.
Well, at the moment it's mild, so I'm going to adopt the "wait and see if they kick it" approach.

But yes, my Dad is awesome.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to buy a quarantine tank a little earlier than I'd hoped...I'm waiting for the water to finish filling it...
On the upside, I now have a T5 fixture to supplement my LED's, and on the downside, I now owe Dad something along the lines of $900 (not all from the tank.) Eeesh.

Back