OP
NebulaE100

NebulaE100

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have fought and fought with this tank since I changed all my rock. I had this tank set up with premium live rock the first time that I set it up.I took it down due to out of control hitch hikers. It has been running with this rock work for more than a year and I am just starting to get some good coraline. The leaching due to the dead rock was enough to almost make me take it down since starting it over. I have finally gotten to the point of just letting it run and try to appreciate it for the way it is, hence the poor quality full shot. The anxiety this tank has caused me has taught me that sometimes a hands off approach is required. I am learning that it is not going to be just the way I want it, and that I am going to have to appreciate it for what it is. I am getting it to the point that I can add sps but I hate to risk adding them because it just doesn't seem to be ready or I cannot stomach the loss. I am not that happy with the full shot photo but I have to learn to accept it for the way it is. Thus this is me putting that philosophy to practice.

OP
OP
NebulaE100

NebulaE100

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I am using two 150 halides (Raduim). I switched from Ushio recently and am noticing some bleaching. I also switched compacts out to 2 54 watt t5s. Blue on the front purple on the back. I am thinking about adding a actintic led strip on the front too. I have thought about changing to all leds, t5 or a combo but I think that the halides will be better used when I start growing sps.

g6gang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Orbit Marine LED on them now (believe it or not the SPS at the top of the tank are doing ok). I am waiting for my Reef Radiance LEDs to come in the next week and will replace the Orbits (so I can have broader spectrum).
Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 2.06.21 PM.jpg

Thanks, I am using two 150 halides (Raduim). I switched from Ushio recently and am noticing some bleaching. I also switched compacts out to 2 54 watt t5s. Blue on the front purple on the back. I am thinking about adding a actintic led strip on the front too. I have thought about changing to all leds, t5 or a combo but I think that the halides will be better used when I start growing sps.

OP
OP
NebulaE100

NebulaE100

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have thought about changing over to the oceanrevive artic-t247. Please let me know how the reef radiance works and looks.

TruRacr314x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not be ashamed of your system at all! That is an amazing tank...I love that you have invested in colonies instead of frags. Not many of us are ever happy with our tank. You are right though...this hobby will teach you some amazing life lessons!

g6gang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at the OceanRevive as well until I saw the ReefRadiance 165p - The price as well as having the built in controller totally sold me. You can program it with an app on your phone. The Artic is not programmable only dimmable, plus it did not have any moon LEDs. Thankfully I found this forum and was truned on to the Reef Radiance lights before I clicked the buy button on the Artic. I am not affiliated with the RR guys - never heard of them before I decided on buying it and hopefully I will like them and more so - hopefully I do not nuke my tank and fry everything

D's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
g6gang +1 to that i was seconds away from ordering the t247 but a buddy told me how happy he was with the Reef Radiance he has over his nuvo so I checked out the website and found the 165p and was like wow! Programmable + Moonlights, i was like heck yea! So i ordered and waiting on them to come in.:thumb:

OP
OP
NebulaE100

NebulaE100

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like how slim the t247 is, but the 165p has pushed the envelope with the controller app. What I have not figured out is if you need the WiFi adapternut connect the lights or is the light is WiFi equipped. If it is the WiFi adapter that allows the light to be programmed the you probably can do the same with the t247. Either way it would be worth looking into. My guess is that the WiFi adapter will be needed.

g6gang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Nebula . I sure hope not. There is no mention of needing a WiFi adapter on the 165p page. And for what it is worth I ordered mine on Sept 18 and am still waiting.

OP
OP
NebulaE100

NebulaE100

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please let me know with a out the box review. I did not see anything on YouTube. Did you buy two? How do you plan to mount?

g6gang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool I thoroughly look forward to hearing a review on the app option.

I talked to Rick today and the light does NOT require anything extra. It basically acts as a WiFi Access point with a built in Web Server so you just connect direct to the light. I should have mine by end of month.

OP
OP
NebulaE100

NebulaE100

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to Rick today and the light does NOT require anything extra. It basically acts as a WiFi Access point with a built in Web Server so you just connect direct to the light. I should have mine by end of month.

Wow that is a good deal. I thought it was too good to be true. I look forward to see the color you get out of them. WiFi equipped is a great deal on those.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back