first time with salt water, 75 gallons

slay diggity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had a used 72 gallon used bowfront tank, cycled it, put in live stock, but four months in the bottom seal busted. i saved almost every thing and baught a new 75 gallon. here it is! OH i bought the tank with its old setup, (sump, skimmer, powerheads, live rock, and a sand bed, also came with a royal grama, and a tang) soon i started seeing corals that i tought were dead come to life. and since then ive bought a few corals and they seam to be thriving. all i do is the schedualded water changes and feed rod's food.

Attachments

• 2014-09-02 14.04.08.jpg
    2014-09-02 14.04.08.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 200

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice rock work. I'm setting up a 75 as well. Same corner overflow as well! What other fish do you plan to get? and which types of corals do you want? Go ahead and tell us about your lighting as well :)

OP
OP
S

slay diggity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've added two clown fish, and would like to get an anemone, but i hear my tank should be up for a year first. i have added a toadstool and a closed brain coral, im unsure of what type of coral came back to life, i think that two of them were candy canes, i will post a picture of the other. i plan on getting more but not sure what kind yet, just as long as they are easy to take care of. as far as lighting goes i have 4 t5s, soon im going to add some moonlighting so i can enjoy the night life of my tank.

OP
OP
S

slay diggity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh and thanks for the compliment on the rock work, i was just wondering the other day if it was good or not. i mean i like the way it looks and the fish seem to enjoy it.

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. Yes waiting a year is optimal but the usual time where you can introduce that I have read and experienced is at 6 months.

Other easy corals are , Kenya tree , green star polyp and Pulsing Xenia. I recommend these If you are ok with trimming them often. Like once every 1-3 months. Depends on how fast they grow for you but generally they can grow fast compared to most other corals.

Np. Are your rocks loose, just stacked on each other?

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the rock work as well! I also agree on the easy coral suggestions by sanab.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good!! :)

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I strongly urge against Kenya trees! Lol I put two in my tank a while back as my first corals, now my tank is one massive Kenya tree I swear! Only get them if you want to actively remove them once they start to take off.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back