New 90 gallon upgrade/build

mcbridepcm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since Ive enjoyed, and gained so much knowledge from viewing other peoples builds I thought I would create post for my upgrade.
Old Tank still up and running.
DSC01436.jpg

DSC01431.jpg

DSC01428.jpg

DSC01429.jpg

DSC01370 (2).jpg

The last Pic is where I tore down used tank from location.
The 90 was less then a year old, Ive blew this months budget for it. Add some more next month.
Its a combination, or Hybrid of soft and hard pluming, the manifold will be running GFO, and carbon and maybe a bio-pellet reactor later on, But I want to see how the Refugium does first.
Still left to buy: Jaboa DC 6000, Jaboa RW15 x 2, Additional LED's to use with my Captive Reef Serious 180D, Thinking about Kessils
BRS Dual Reactor, I have an Smart ATO, WP 25, and a Eshopps PSK 300 from my 46 Bow which also be added to the mix.
Thats it for now I appreciate Good Ideas, Hints, and advise. Thanks everyone:xd:

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gray flex hose is that your overflow? If so take the dips out of it or it will surge and sound like a toilet flushing. Need constant downward flow maybe even loop hose around in downward spiral. Just saying from experience.

OP
OP
M

mcbridepcm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks that did quieten my overflow, going to Home depot I'm going to hard plumb the overflow to sump anyway, do you think using a tea to split your drain line is a bad or good idea, would like to use a gate valve to control the amount water my refugium receives?

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do that then i suggest hard plumbing it would be easier. Might req 2 valves so that you can divide how much water goes which way.

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One valve on main drain to sump and one to fuge line otherwise all flow will go to main and bypass your fuge line

OP
OP
M

mcbridepcm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again ,after I get a little more done I'll post some more pics. Still have a inventory of equipment to purchase before the move from the old reef tank wife only allows me a monthly budget toward reef, maybe just after Christmas.

OP
OP
M

mcbridepcm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
updated plumbing overflow manifold, one line to fuge, other to filter sock. sorry for quality of photos wife has my Sony today, pics taken with kindle hard to get angle shoots.

updated plumbing overflow 1.jpg
updated plumbing overflow 2.jpg
updated plumbing overflow 3.jpg

Attachments

• updated plumbing overflow 4.jpg
    updated plumbing overflow 4.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 325
OP
OP
M

mcbridepcm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much more quite, I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I like the idea of controlling the amount of water my five gets. I have the five in the first stage, I won the sump in a local auction, only $27.50 was a old DSL wet dry Owen by a LFS in my area. I only had one other bidder, and i gave him my best poker face. Thanks for your help, more to come later.

OP
OP
M

mcbridepcm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my next dilemma, I currently use a 5 gallon aquarium for my ATO reservoir, under my cabinet I have approximately 8 in by 16 in by maybe 18 inch high give or take, and I can't find a decent reservoir, that looks decent without breaking the bank. Those $100.00 acylic ones are nice but can't see spending that much just to hold R/O in. What are you all using this goes out to helpful advice (every one)? If it could hold a little more the 5 gallon I'd be aesthetic!

Leslie88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great so far. I'm rebuilding my 65 right now.

Do you get a lot of condensation on the inside of your canopy? I'm getting a ton right now and I don't even have lights on yet. There isnt a lit of air flow though under my canopy.

OP
OP
M

mcbridepcm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leslie,
The previous own had the canopy built for his Radion Pro's which had seperate Power supply install in the canopy as well, the canopy is 14" tall, and the back is almost comple open.
DSC01452.jpg

DSC01367.jpg

I a couple of
DSC01367.jpg

I plan on also having a couple of fans, connected to a Neptune basic light

OP
OP
M

mcbridepcm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leslie,
You might have to create some openings in your canopy, some designs I've seen are on the ends with a fan on one side, and a vent opening on the other old reefers did this to get rid of heat from their metal halide lighting, however; it can work for any lighting type (LED) that require cooling.

OP
OP
M

mcbridepcm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next Wednesday November 12, 2014 I'm placing my order for my DC 6000 pump, and BRS dual reactor, my mod for the reactor is running off my manifold, and I have a seperate gate valve to fine tune the reactor.......control its all about control I also plan on doing hybrid hard and soft plumb:ballchain:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back