Reef1589's 40b Peninsula BB LeD tank!

Reef1589

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ive been wanting to build this tank for the past 2 years, but due to me constantly moving locations and what not I have not been able to, until now!

it all starting out with a drawing! since I'm not good at those high end computer designing programs haha

my goal with this tank was to make it look as sleek as possible and completely user friendly if I ever had guests watching the tank for me while I was out of town, or the GF could easily do stuff while I was away as well..

Frame of the stand, with custom Acrylic 10g Frag tank

Here it is all together in the garage test fiting pipes and what not

here it is assembled and in the house, View from the walking in threw the garage door..

Reef Keeper very sleekly mounted to the front, Really happy with the way this turned out

My Biggest thing was my previous tanks were always so cluttered, wires going everywhere, tubes, everything... so with this.. I wanted to take my time, and I designed the stand to have spots for my hide my wiring, so all the wiring is up and hidden away, so all you see is the mechanical aspect of it.. and it gives it that clean look I was going for :)

That I all I have for right now I plan to have it with water here in the next couple of days. Let me know what you all think, and any added ideas will be greatly appreciated.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be following along! This looks like it is going to be great! :)

OP
OP
R

Reef1589

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, suppose I could of given a Equipment List

Equipment List
- AI Hydra (1) for now, plan on getting 2 Hydra 26's, with 2 T5 ATI Coral+ (1 on each side of canopy)
- 2 Mp10W's
- Mag 7
- Reef Octopus 4" Pinwheel In Sump Skimmer OCT NWB110
- BRS Mini Reactor (carbon/gfo)
- BRS Dosing Pumps for 2 part
- Reef Keeper Light (with additional PC4 Outlets and PH probe)
- JBJ ATO
- Glass holes 700 GPH Overflow Kit

I think with it being Bare Bottom, a mag 7, and 2 Mp10's, its going to create the intense Flow im looking for, and I plumbed the PVC into the canopy (hidden) ... to be returned at the front of the Tank.

OP
OP
R

Reef1589

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and the two t5's with the LeD's are not for sure yet, it has been an idea that is just kind of growing on me, that I want to try.

OP
OP
R

Reef1589

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
played with my aquascaping today... I thnk I found a setup I like, with a lot of caves and Ledges... I LOVE LEDGES!!!!!!!! :)
Let me know what you think (I may move the large stylo skeleton in the middle to open it up just a bit more)
Left Side

Front view

Right Side

Front, Right Side nice little Cove.. with a cave

Closer View of the Front

Another View of the Front, viewed from sitting on the couch, it really shows all the ledges that are there..

Chaz D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's that GH overflow for noise? Had one on my 60 gallon and my wife would have killed me had I put it in the living room. You'll probably want to get a union on that return. Sweet build so far!

OP
OP
R

Reef1589

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's that GH overflow for noise? Had one on my 60 gallon and my wife would have killed me had I put it in the living room. You'll probably want to get a union on that return. Sweet build so far!

I like the GH Overflow, when I was testing to see if the plumbing would leak in the garage, It wasn't to bad... im also going to put something under the Mag7 and Plumbing in the canopy to reduce Vibration.

ANDDDDD I completely forgot to post a picture of my sweet hidden door.. haha

Whats behind that door?!

I had already installed those unions for the future in case I needed to do maintenance or something... and the removable doors (the ones pictured are not complete and there is still Gaps)

also as added sound proof, I'm going to add a small strip of foam around all the door's on the inside of the Canopy and Stand/sump area... so when the door's close it should dampen some of the sound.

OP
OP
R

Reef1589

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the final configurations on the sump.. all the Wires hidden, tucked away...all the plumbing finalized.....
What do you guys think ?
Skimmer Cord ran up right behind the PVC up into the wood, as well as the Reactor pump that hidden behind the skimmer.
The only thing that will look different when its all done is there will be 2 PC4's on the left side... that everything plugs into.. but as you guessed, im going to make it look as sleek as possible :)

2 part will be dosed right into the baffle after the Protein skimmer chamber.

RODI unit should be here today or tomorrow. SO ANXIOUS!

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good and nice scape!

OP
OP
R

Reef1589

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good and nice scape!

looks like ups was playing games with my heart..by saying my RODI would be Monday, but it ended up getting here today :)
just finished priming it, and water is officially making way to the tank :D

Here is another thing I am unsure of this build progresses..

The 10g frag tank I had planned...
my intentions were to use it as a Frag/QT system for the Display but have it all as once system plumbed together... Was gonna load it with Filter socks tho..

Obviously use Chemicals in another tank... separate from it all.. but just put my new corals here after dipping to view... and see if I see any parasites on them after a few days...

Do you guys think I should do this or just do it as a ATO ?.. a really expensive 10g acrylic ATO tank haha..

If anyone can throw in some input here for me, I would greatly appreciate it as ive been bouncing back and fourth between what I should do with this.

if its a frag tank im going to Raise it and add an overflow to it.. and just plumb a MJ1200 return or something maybe a tad bigger to it.

OP
OP
R

Reef1589

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here she is all filled =] and everything up and going

should have the hydra mounted in the canopy tomorrow

I want to try and make this look a little cleaner...

MP10's mounted in the cabinet, this is where all other control devices will be mounted as well (AI controllers and anything else that lights up =D)

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful cabinet love the peninsula look your doing keeping watch on the build. God bless.....Steve

OP
OP
R

Reef1589

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I can even post this but its in relation to the tornado that hit Northern IL on April 9th

I grew up in Kirkland, IL for 20 years of my life, fairdale just a 4 minute drive outside of Kirkland, I know a lot of friends who lost everything they have and tons of friends on the fire department who say its unlike anything they've ever seen in person before.. ,(I now live in cherry valley, just still a couple miles away from it all)

its crazy you always see these crazy tornados on the t.v. in Kansas.. and other states and not often do you think a tornado of this magnitude will hit Northern IL... and then when you see it first hand ill tell ya its something different, I know its a small town, roughly 150 people, but its been broadcasted on a national level I even seen it was reported in Sydney, Australia, because of how large the tornado was.

For anyone who wants to offer any type of support here is a Recovery page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Faird...age_fan_invite

And if anyone wants to donate.. here is the official Gofundme Page..
Fairdale Relief Fund by Village of Kirkland - GoFundMe

just passing along information to help out those in need.

OP
OP
R

Reef1589

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on another note...

my tank cycle is starting to take off! :D

skimmer is really pulling the gooods! hah

OP
OP
R

Reef1589

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a small picture update

FTS Right Side

FTS Left Side

Left Side Front island little Cove :)

and the sump

so far everything is coming along just nicely :) the refugium light i have in there now is just temporary till i find the right one i want to buy and setup, that was just a free hand me down to get me by for now haha :D

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.8%
Back