Amuze's custom 124g

REEFCRAFT

Reefer & Realtor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided to start a new thread dedicated only to this tank. I'll add more pics of the build as I go through my hardrive and find the older pics. I will also provide more info on the tank and provide updates as I make them.

This tank was built about a year ago by Jeff Haddock (Naga). It is a 48"x30"x20" acrylic tank with a white acrylic bottom. I orginally planned to go sandless (and wish I stuck to that plan). The stand was built by my good friend Mark Henderson (Chubaka) and myself. Mostly by Mark though. He is an excellent craftsman and a perfectionist. If you are local the DC/MD/VA area, you should consider him in your next tank build.

The equipment list for this tank is minimal. Lighting comes from 2 Tek fixtures for a total of 8 bulbs and 2 additional retro-fitted Ice Cap T5's which I remove from time to time. They are currently no longer on the tank. The sump is a basic 40g acrylic sump and refugium which houses my ASM G3 skimmer and a Mag 7 for the return and with a center section stuffed with Cheato and LR. Flow in the tank comes from 2 dual Coralvue 201b's. The powerheads provide a lot of flow at a wide range, but I do plan to change them out for 2 MP40's. The skimmer is also being replaced with a Bubble Magus NAC7. I've also have a BM doser I will be adding in the next couple of days and an Aquacontroller jr.

Currently I dose Ca, Mg and Alk daily along with Strontium, Potassium, Bio fuel and MB7 as needed from Brightwell. Salt is also Brightwell.

Now for the pics. These were taken with a couple of different cameras, but I have tried to get pics which represent the tank as close as possible. As we all know, nothing replaces what you are able to see in person. Enjoy.

-Dave

OP
OP
REEFCRAFT

REEFCRAFT

Reefer & Realtor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometime back in late April or early May I believe getting everything ready.

tankstand1.jpg

tankstand2.jpg

Yesterday 12/22/10

IMG_4145-1.jpg

IMG_4149-1.jpg

IMG_4173-1.jpg

IMG_4174-1.jpg

IMG_4164-1.jpg

Some recent, but slightly older pics

5.jpg

1-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

IMG_4105.jpg

3-1.jpg

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, I like how the sand bed is clear and unclutered.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice tank. how are all the anthias getting along? what kind are they? thanks for sharing. :)

OP
OP
REEFCRAFT

REEFCRAFT

Reefer & Realtor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice tank. how are all the anthias getting along? what kind are they? thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks. :) There are a total of six pygmy anthias which I've had for about 3-4 months. They seem to act like any normal "schooling" group of fish. One has turned male and dominates the remaining 5. There is one that gets it the worst and has stayed the smallest, but surprisingly it is the brightest of the group.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. :) There are a total of six pygmy anthias which I've had for about 3-4 months. They seem to act like any normal "schooling" group of fish. One has turned male and dominates the remaining 5. There is one that gets it the worst and has stayed the smallest, but surprisingly it is the brightest of the group.
cool. Thanks. I'm assuming Pygmy's are Lyretails, correct? :)

OP
OP
REEFCRAFT

REEFCRAFT

Reefer & Realtor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool. Thanks. I'm assuming Pygmy's are Lyretails, correct? :)

So far, they look exactly the same as female lyretails. I've had lyretails in the past and they never did well, but that was a few years ago. I picked up the 6 together and all looked to be females. One has been changing color and developing the dark spots on it's fins. The LFS I got them from sells them as pink pygmy anthias, but I assume that's because it's what they're listed as from their wholesaler.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far, they look exactly the same as female lyretails. I've had lyretails in the past and they never did well, but that was a few years ago. I picked up the 6 together and all looked to be females. One has been changing color and developing the dark spots on it's fins. The LFS I got them from sells them as pink pygmy anthias, but I assume that's because it's what they're listed as from their wholesaler.
ah. I see. :)

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beat me to the punch dude.....i was gonna pick up an orange shoulder also.....

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back