So what have you done to YOUR tank lately?

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO let's hear it all MTRC members! I want to know whats been going on with your tanks lately. It doesnt have to be epic changes or livestock additions. Even if you are just testing your tank with a new test kit, or changed your routine maintenance that makes things easier, whatever, let's hear it!:ear:

Pics are always appreciated!

I will start. On my new plumbing for the 120, I went ahead and spent the extra cash for these cepex ball valves from BRS, and I am so glad I did. These things turn with ease, and being that I added a manifold along with my 6 stage controllable DC pump these are fantastic for those tiny tweaks to everything dialed in just right.

20131027_195746_zpsf6207f71.jpg

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started daily five gallon water changes on October fifth and have missed one water change in that time.

There's a lot of things I need to do, new bulbs (Halide and T5), need new RO/DI resins and filters, looking to change from dosers to a calcium reactor, and I want to retro some LEDs into my fixture. And wanting to upgrade tanks when I (hopefully) move into a house early in 2014.

Guess this turned into a list of what I need to do as opposed to what I've done. :banghead:

Plumbing work looks good Chris.

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I added 5 chromis this past week, added small head of hammer, a medium bunch of frogspawn, some kind of brain (not sure which one) and some kind of sps that is pretty ugly and brown. The fish came from the critter and from 7 seas. The coral came from my dad's 70 that we will be tearing down soon. Just wanted to get some coral and fish in there to test the waters before moving everything. So far everything is doing great.

I am now going to start on a qt tank and I am having 7 seas check on me a small desjardini sailfin. The only fish my wife has requested. I have a 30 long that I have had forever that I am going to use for the qt tank. Just got to get a small heater and some kind of filter.

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rearranged my sump and finally moved corals from the frag tank to the display tank! still lots of corals to move :squigglemouth:

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you guys and your new tanks..... Geez.... we get it. you have new toys.. LOL...

Lately, I have dosed small amounts of Lanthanum Chloride into my skimmer to reduce my phosphates. seems to have worked. im basicaly just monitoring it now. I updates my RKE after adding in a pair of PC4's and th enew SL2V2. now all I need is the salinity probe.

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you guys and your new tanks..... Geez.... we get it. you have new toys.. LOL...

Lately, I have dosed small amounts of Lanthanum Chloride into my skimmer to reduce my phosphates. seems to have worked. im basicaly just monitoring it now. I updates my RKE after adding in a pair of PC4's and th enew SL2V2. now all I need is the salinity probe.

Lol. Sorry bro

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Started dosing kalk with a brs 50ml/min pump
-Added 3/4cup of gfo to reduce phosphates
-Bought 4 peppermint shrimp to attempt to get rid of infestation aptasia
-I am changing ATI bulb combo from B+,P+,C+,B+ to 3-B+,C+ or 2-B+,2-C+
-Upgrading retro reflectors to LET miros
-Replacing all rodi filters

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

WiseguyThreeOne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a thread going on my 60 gallon tank- it's sort of like a blog where I talk to myself about it. Put in a new skimmer last night- designed a new sump I need to build for it.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on battling GHA by feeding less, cut the photo period by 2 hours each day, cut my feedings drastically, started running GFO, and do one lights out day per week.

I've also purchased an 8 bulb T5 fixture that I've been working on hanging here soon. Had to buy one new fan for it as one that came with it was quite noisy. Bought 4 new bulbs for it for now and will replace the other 4 bulbs in about 4 months to help with the acclimation from LED's to strictly T5's.

Waiting on my new WP40's to come in.

Built a frag rack out of egg crate and some magnets from BRS.

New two spot bristle tooth tang and tuxedo urchin comes in tomorrow and while I'm over there picking those up I'll grab my new candy cane coral as well! Waiting until Friday for the reefcleaners order to come in.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just slowly building mine and doing jobs on the side and selling things to try to pay for all of this stuff. :) Specifically, I'm hoping to get some Kessil A360Ws for my tank. Made an agreement with the wife that I have to pass my CCNA first. I need to get on that...

Brandon

eyeguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also did a tank transfer from a 95 wave to 125. Added Reef Octopus 150 skimmer 2 Jebao WP 40's 3 Radion Gen 2 lights new 37 gallon sump/refugium, Blue Line 70 Main Return, changed out sand to aragonite bed and adding reef clean up crew for algae issues tomorrow.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon, so you decided on kessil instead of the reef radiance?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can swing them, yes. Not sure I'll be able to afford them yet, but I'm going to try. May have to dip into our tax refund a little bit. :) I'm also planning on running two T5HOs... probably a Fiji Purple and a Blue Plus.

Are you still liking your Reef Radiance light?

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can swing them, yes. Not sure I'll be able to afford them yet, but I'm going to try. May have to dip into our tax refund a little bit. :) I'm also planning on running two T5HOs... probably a Fiji Purple and a Blue Plus.

Are you still liking your Reef Radiance light?

Yup. All the corals under it are growing very very well. I'm still dying to get me the another light module so I can hack into control with my rke.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

calvo15290

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IV changed tanks from a 55 to a 65 haha worlds biggest up grade right?:p in summer then most currently I changed from mh to t5 and now am putting sps in to get a mixed reef the sps list is ( povona , brown birds nest , green birds nest , poker star Monti , green Monti , and red hot chili pepper Monti )

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back