October Meeting - Sustainable Aquatics Tour!!!

How many will you be bringing with you?

• Just myself.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Myself plus one.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Myself plus two.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Myself plus three or more (please indicate in the thread how many)

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

We are ironing out the details, but we are set to do a tour of Sustainable Aquatics on October 26th at 1PM. We will eat lunch there, will receive SA posters, and will also be able to purchase some fish, if you'd like. More details on that to come. :)

Ryan has very generously offered to drive one of the Nissan vans. The club will put gas in it. There will be limited spots available, so some of us will have to car pool, too.

***We will be meeting at the Smyrna Park and Ride at 7:45AM on Sunday morning. We will be leaving promptly at 8:00AM. Please eat breakfast before you arrive. We will have lunch at Sustainable Aquatics (Subway).*** The goal is to be at Sustainable Aquatics around 1PM. Please note that this event is for MTRC members only.

If you would like to or are willing to drive (especially if you have a larger vehicle that can accommodate a few people), please let us know on here. We will need to car pool for everyone who is not on the bus. I would encourage everyone to split the gas bill with those you carpool with... don't leave the drivers with the gas bill AND having to drive for 7 hours. :)

Put it on your calendars! This one is going to be great! I was there in February and its quite an awesome place to visit and see. Its amazing what all they're doing there.

Brandon

Last edited:

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hope we can make it to that one! Not sure right now but we will try. My son would love that place.

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...I wish I could make it to a trip like that! The commute might be a bit too far though. :)

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a really awesome place! If you're a reefer, you WILL geek out. :)

Brandon

Oh I'm sure I would! I've always wanted to visit there. I remember Matt coming to one of the first frag swaps we had and I believe the business was just starting out then.

CeeGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping to be able to go back to this awesome facility. If everything pans out I will be bringing my family (Myself + 3) and cruising up in the mini cooper :).

This place is awesome and anyone who misses this is really missing out on a great time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, man! Your name is Chris, right?

This should be an epic trip. Who would like to ride in the van down there and back?

Brandon

CeeGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, man! Your name is Chris, right?

This should be an epic trip. Who would like to ride in the van down there and back?

Brandon
yep my name is Chris. Went last time and it was really cool. A lot has changed since then except for their website :p really looking forward to heading up there again. Have always hoped the club would head that way again.

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its much bigger than last time we did a club trip there for sure! That was what, 2009? Maybe 2010?

Brandon

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else interested in riding in the van?

Brandon

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 109 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back