Status
Not open for further replies.

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting this thread to see if anyone would like to volunteer to host a club meeting.

Thanks.

January- 7 Seas Aquatics, Hendersonville 01-17-15
February-
March- Swap setup
April- Swap, 4-25
May-
June-
July-
August-
September-
October-
November-
December-

Last edited:

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*crickets* lol

Put me down for February. :)

Brandon

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reason for **crickets**

Time to ACTUALLY find a spot to meet instead of peoples houses....

We harped on this at the end of the last BOD term and no one seems to consider it an issue, but when I see this, it kind of speaks volumes IMO.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reason for **crickets**

We harped on this at the end of the last BOD term and no one seems to consider it an issue, but when I see this, it kind of speaks volumes IMO.

It's on all of our minds, Chris. That is definitely something that needs to be fixed. What my thinking is having three to four meetings in each of Davidson, Rutherford and, Sumner counties at a neutral location such as a library.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reason for **crickets**

I disagree. When we first discussed the meetings being held at neutral locations, it was due to people being reluctant to host due to 60 people attending meetings and being in their home. Our attendance hasn't been that high since last January. Also, we have had a couple of neutral meetings this year. I personally have not felt a need to find a neutral location that costs money when we have so few people coming to meetings. Is attendance our fault? It is likely, and I apologize for our shortcomings. If we did pay for a meeting space, this would take away from raffle items and food, both of which I keep hearing are big reasons people like to come to the meetings to begin with.

I could certainly be wrong, though, and if anyone would like to comment on why they would or would not like to host, please do. :)

Brandon

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, FWIW, I believe we have only had 3 meetings this year (club year, not calendar) that have been at someone's house. :) Perhaps that trend will continue next year.

Brandon

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can host the July meeting.

Hey Chris, I remember speaking with you at the meeting that Murfreesboro Aquatics held. Are you still ok to host at your home in July? I'm just checking in on this to make sure you are still comfortable with potentially hosting in July?

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but be prepared to be unimpressed. My anemone tank is in pretty good shape but my reef tank is more like a box o rocks.

You've got several months and a frag swap coming up to fix that box o rocks that you are referring to! :bigsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back