Status
Not open for further replies.

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are willing to put together a presentation for one of our monthly meetings let us know here.

In the past we have done a plumbing demo and a class on bio pellets but there are countless things to learn.

Thanks all, let's make 2015 the clubs best year yet!

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can do a presentation on basic tank plumbing. We would need to do multiple parts to cover details of some things (overflow types, drain types [bean animal, gurgle buster, Durso, etc.]), but I have the first part ready. :)

Brandon

ajones2n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why doesn't someone put together one on qt set ups and practices, and some one set up one on fish and coral acclimation. If we're trying to bring in new members what better way than to offer teaching moments that will benefit them. I know as a new member I could benefit from someone putting together a demonstration on these topics and I'm sure some of you old timers would enjoy a refresher course.

Just a thought for ideas. Or maybe one on aquarium controllers or different kinds of lighting and how they all affect corals/growth differently or setting up an auto dosing pump. Maybe we could record these presentations and use them as teaching tools like the brs videos or la fish guys videos.

ajones2n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting recordings on YouTube or some form of social media could help to draw attention to the club.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why doesn't someone put together one on qt set ups and practices, and some one set up one on fish and coral acclimation. If we're trying to bring in new members what better way than to offer teaching moments that will benefit them. I know as a new member I could benefit from someone putting together a demonstration on these topics and I'm sure some of you old timers would enjoy a refresher course.

Just a thought for ideas. Or maybe one on aquarium controllers or different kinds of lighting and how they all affect corals/growth differently or setting up an auto dosing pump. Maybe we could record these presentations and use them as teaching tools like the brs videos or la fish guys videos.

This is a great idea. Coral and most fish acclimation is very, very simple for me... float for 15 to 30 minutes, cut the bag open, pour the water out, put the fish or coral into the tank. :) There are some fish that need more time to acclimate than this, and it would be great to talk about which ones do and which ones do not. This might even be a great subject for stores, since they acclimate fish and corals every week.

Putting recordings on YouTube or some form of social media could help to draw attention to the club.

I like this idea, and its one we've discussed before. If someone would like to volunteer to do it and maintain it, please let us know. This is not something the BOD can take on, unfortunately.

Brandon

pelagic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to suggest a thread to suggest the topics, and have the members to vote on the topics, then have someone volunteer to be the presenter of the topic.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea Cheng. We will discuss as a BOD and hopefully get something posted in the near future.

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon I didn't bring my lap top to school with me. So that will leave me with 2 days when I get back home to do it. I can put one together and maybe do it in an other meeting

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon I didn't bring my lap top to school with me. So that will leave me with 2 days when I get back home to do it. I can put one together and maybe do it in an other meeting

We've got stuff planned out until December, although we may not have a lesson that month. We could definitely work it in as it's a popular topic and you've got plenty of knowledge on the subject.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could do a presentation on automatic water changes at some point, if it's helpful. It's a fun subject to talk about. :)

Brandon

ReefGrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReefGrow is always willing to do chemistry, media or even husbandry presentations. Give us a topic and a date!

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will definitely want you guys to come back! That was a great presentation you guys gave on Sunday!

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back