Where to get Berghia Nudibranch?

rinker312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All, I have allowed an aptasia problem to get out of control, and wanted to finally start taking the tank back. I have read that the Berghia Nudi is great for this as they only eat aptasia. I would like to get maybe 2 to 4 of them. Is there anyone in the middle TN area that has any and may be interested in selling me a few? I am south of Nashville, near Lewisburg tn. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

p woodard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a person on the Facebook page tennessee saltwater reef club that sells them his name is Josh Rish look him up

OP
OP
R

rinker312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't seem to find him anywhere. Any chance that you can post a link that would point me in the right direction? let me know. Appreciate your help.

p woodard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pm'ed him and told him that you where looking for some just making sure it is ok to give you his phone no.

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Berghia work very well. The problem I came across I don't think they are to intelligent. Mine died off but still had a few aptasia left. Now they are gone the aptasia are coming back. The ddo a awesome job. Since you can get them locally at a fair price it's definitely worth it. I wish I had them locally

freeweelin4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Berghia nudibranchs

if these critters work where can I find them on the left coast or how can I get ahold of Josh Rish???

OP
OP
R

rinker312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from what I have read, these guys are kind of the silver bullet because that is all they eat. I have not read of anyone that did not get results over time. But I cannot give you first hand experience yet. Josh said he will contact me when he gets them. I have read that they do take time, so don't expect results overnight. Personally, I have a tank full of aptasia, so I expect that it will take quite some time, and I don't want to start with too many as I hear that they will reproduce and once they run out of food then they die. I probably don't have to worry about that for a while, but once things start getting close to clean I will probably look to give them away to someone else who needs them. There are places to order online from what I found, but you pay out the nose for shipping, so I would rather wait for someone local to get them. Good luck.

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it's saltwater.com that has them. Search berghia and they will pop up as the only place that always has them.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back