Time, how much

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much time do you spend on this hobby daily? That includes times feeding, testing, staring, browsing forums anything regarding the hobby.

Just wondering how deep my sickness runs.

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bro at least all morning goes to checking the tank and looking all my corals for pest. here lately I been testing daily getting my parameters rights. But on the real I do spend a few hours a day on my tank. I'm always on the forums reading and searching and looking at totm tanks usually if I see SPS build I'm looking at it.

Last edited:

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about the same as Luis, the only time I don't think about corals/my tank is when I'm playing with my boys.

scason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least 10 minutes a day. Look at it when. I wake up a few mins. Then right before I leave . Go to work say hi to wife. Look at tank for few minutes. Empty and clean skimmer cup every other day. Water change about 30 minutes a week. Browse the unread forums every night before bed for 10-15 mintues. Check fb for group posts a couple times a day... so weekly average about 30 minutes a day give or take... was waaaaay worse before getting tank going.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bro at least all morning goes to checking the tank and looking all my corals for pest. here lately I been testing daily getting my parameters rights. But on the real I do spend a few hours a day on my tank. I'm always on the forums reading and searching and looking at totm tanks usually if I see SPS build I'm looking at it.

I am about the same as Luis, the only time I don't think about corals/my tank is when I'm playing with my boys.

Nice to know I'm not alone.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking about the amount of hours I've put into setting my tank up over the last year and a half. I work slowly (obviously...), but I've put at least 200 to 300 hours into this thing. Many, many weekends, evenings and nights in the garage. When I first started setting my tank up, I had thought about documenting my hours. I'm kind of glad I didn't, but also kind of wish I would have. Haha!

Now it takes up a LOT of my daily time. At least an hour a day... but most of that is thinking and researching.

Brandon

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
M issue is I live in a finished basement. So my tank is always in my site when home. So I'm always looking at it or messing with something. When I'm bored I try to think up tank related projects.

fishdoc11

It's a hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I actually spent several minutes on mine today :) A 30 is MUCH easier to take care of than a 120 or 180.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh... I see. Do you have one of the JBJ 30s?

Brandon

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds like the intro to an infomercial:

... thanks to Super Duper Reef! One capful a day and my reef stays perfect. Haha!

You need a new girl friend. :D

Brandon

Now that you say one capsule a day and the reef stay perfect this reminds me of a guy back in the day that used to sell this additive on Craigslist and he used to claim the same thing lol.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way to much. I think I need to cut down but it's a hard thing for me to do cause I love my tank and this hobby.

Thunderfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife says i am obsessed and I told her I am just trying to learn the right way to do things and one I got my system up and running I wouldn't be spending as much time and money(ya right).

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on here and in the fish tank all the time. My wife is always telling me to just let it grow get off the forum. I keep telling her just think of all the money I'm making selling corals. Takes time in the tank to grow money. It doesn't grow on trees but it does grow on rocks :)

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on whats going on with it. Last summer I spent only minutes a week taking care of my tank. Last month I added a 120 grow out tankonto my system and spent over 40 hours in one week and now as things settle back down I am forced to spend time remounting corals and fragging the few that are STN'ing because they are still ****** off. I have a 400 gallon system made up of four tanks and it is a commitment whether I'm on the mood or not.

Some days I only feed my fish and other days I am forced to work for hours. Being able to post a pic of a grown in FTS makes it all worth it.

Rausch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least an hour on the tank alone. Here on forums probably 2 hrs a day. Upgrading to a 90 now so, double all of that time for the next couple weeks :juggle: Gotta love it!!!

Big Larr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I nearly spend all my free time from work on my tank and definitely on Reef2Reef reading these forums in fact I have never spent so much time reading in my life and when not doing that I'm planning my next step on my 57g rimless build I'm currently doing

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 37 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.0%
Back