Korallen-Zucht new dissolving automatic dosing

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you guys see the vide BRS released on these?

Korallen-Zucht - Bulk Reef Supply

http://youtu.be/p1ZPbkXnu-g

They are avaialble in Iron, Iodide, B-Balance and Amino Acids.

These things brought back an OLD memory of a product I used to use that somehow, somewhere I got away from.
The old Sea-Lab #28 cube. Automaticaly dosed buffer and Calcium and some trace elements. Man, I used these Religiously BACK IN THE DAY on my 75. Anyone else? what happened to them? did the CaRx replace them? Maybe I need to order some up to see if they are still viable...

sea-lab-28-automatic-replenisher-5-lb-jar.jpg

From the distributor website
http://www.qualitymarine.com/Additives/Sea-Lab/Sea-Lab-#28-Replenisher-Kilo-Block

Sea-Lab Formula 28 is a mixture of naturally occurring buffer compounds that maintains natural ocean concentrations of calcium, strontium, and all 15 essential trace elements. Calcium and strontium are well recognized nutrients, but trace elements are not as well understood. They are, however, vitally necessary to marine life in the aquarium. Paradoxically, these same elements so essential to life, are also highly toxic. The trick is to tread the fine line between trace element starvation and trace element toxicity. Formula 28 is the first formula available to hobbyists and professionals that creates and maintains this fine balance. As elements are depleted from solution, Formula 28 delivers exactly equivalent amounts to replace them. Formula 28 stabilizes acid/alkaline balance (pH), and also prevents toxic ammonia buildup.
Instructions for Use:
Since Formula 28 is fully buffered, this is a constant supply of essential trace elements and no possibility of toxic overload, so dosage and application are extremely uncritical. The blocks can be placed in any location where there is a moderate current. When the blocks are mostly dissolved, add a similar number as recommended in the dosage.
Recommended Dosage:
Half-Pound Jar (50 small blocks) - add 2-3 blocks per 10 gallons of water.Two-Pound Box (24 medium blocks) – add 3-4 blocks per 50 gallons of water.One-Kilo (1 large block) – add 1 block per 100 gallons of water.

Element

Symbol
Concentration mg/L
Aluminum

Al
Boron

B
Calcium

Ca
Chromium

Cr
Cobalt

Co
Copper

Cu
Fluorine

F
Iodine

I
Iron

Fe
Manganese

Mn
Molybdenum

Mo
Nickel

Ni
Selenium

Se
Silicon

Si
Strontium

Sr
Tin

Sn
Vanadium

V
Zinc

Zn

Last edited:

scason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been waiting for ebe to get them in. Been needing them for over a month now . Using the watered down stuff :(

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From reading doctors foster and smith as well as other retail outlets most everyone is out until middle of march.

Defective_Weeble

Salty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man did you see the pricing on that KZ stuff? Holy crap. For my 180 it would take 3 packs, at 5 pieces per pack for a total of $75, replacing it every 3-4 months. And that's for ONE of them.

Yeah, I'll pass thanks...

scason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the sea cam 28 blocks came in a larger size also for guys with the big boy tanks

Look at you Mr late night poster trying to sneak one post lol

Last edited:

Defective_Weeble

Salty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I saw one of the huge blocks in JR's 300 gallon when he still had it at his house.

I have a real hard time convincing myself to dose stuff that I can't measure though.

scason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kind of look at it as the product would have faded out a long time ago if it wasn't proven and these blocks have been around for a very long time. Not one of those here one night, the gone next.

I do see your point of view as well and agree. I don't believe there's a magic pill all of your dosing need. But it is one of those things that does help simplify tank management

Last edited:

Defective_Weeble

Salty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh for sure. I don't doubt that they work. I'm just stupid anal about measuring stuff. So when there's something that I can't measure, I get all twitchy.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone happens to go by Emerald Bay East today for the next few days and see some of the sea-lab product please let me know and I will send you some money to get me some and mail it this direction.

As far as the other product I may try out the amino acid dosing.

pelagic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KZ is for the rich people. lol. I can only image how much would it cost if you follow all the "recommendations"

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking their website shows as follows

for the :

B-Balance -- 1 piece per 13 gallons lasts 4 months
Potassium iodide Fluoride -- 1 piece per 13 gallons lasts 4 months
Amino acid --1 Piece per 26 gallons lasts 4 months
Iron -- 1 piece per 13 gallons lasts 4 months

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back