Help with setting up frag tank

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys recommend using. Should I just start this off with live rock or rubble. Looking at 20 gallon and planning mixed with sps . Thought about adding a 20 gallon sump also for more stability. Would I need a big skimmer?? I may keep just a few small fish but that's not certain yet. May just have cuc and pods.

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would the jebao rw4 be enough flow for 24" 20" 12" frag tank or would be better with 2? Or would the 8 be better?

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My frag tank is plumbed into my main system for simplicity's sake. I have a few pieces of live rock in there, but they're only for the fish to hide behind. :)

Also, FWIW, I put a yellow coris wrasse in there because they eat a lot of zoa predators, such as zoa eating nudis. Worked out great! And yes, I did prove this theory on a colony of rastas that had zoa eating nudis. Wrasse took care of them short order. :)

I can't say on the Jebao pumps. I'm still running WP40s, so I haven't familiarized myself with the new models yet.

Brandon

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to plumb this into the main tank but with the troubles I would really like to have a separate tank and plan to dip frags weekly just incase.

fisharefriends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my eyes a frag tank should not have live rock or anything not even sand a frag tank can also be quarantine for corals they can be treated numerous time with killing live rock and sand everytime

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would I use for the bacteria to get it started? Im just trying to jump start the frag tank so I can save some of my coral hopefully.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use Dr. Tims One and Only. I used it to insta-cycle my tank. Works great! Just make sure you add a fish at the same time you add the bacteria so the bacteria have food.

Brandon

Back