39g bow front build - WTB a few items - equipment list

scason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for the following items. Will probably only be able to buy a few things at a time so the wife wont explode lol.

These will be for a 39 gallon bow front, with sump and a canopy setup.

T5 lighting 24" or LED lighting. ( not going to be a SPS tank.... for now. Just LPS / softies and a few fish )

Return pump - my return head will be aprox 5'

Protein skimmer - I have a old CRC HOB wet/dry with built in PS but it never worked very well but it did work. Will be looking to upgrade that.

20g sump tank

Locline for retuns - going to be splitting the return into 2

A good heater - should not be an issue in our house, the other 2 tanks we have stay at 77' summer and winter, and one has a sump with return but still want it as a controlled variable in place.

Dry rock - I will be going pretty minimalistic on the aquascaping with 1 spire and a half burried circle for the stone work. Will look for seed rock well after the tank is cycled.

A good airpump to drive the HOB combo skimmer I have.

Please remember at this time, especially after just starting my new job that with time will afford me to really pour some money into the hobby I miss so much and enjoy for so many years I have to be very cost conscious right now. And most of my hobby budget is going to be going into building the stand and canopy at first but if it is a good deal will just push the stand back another payday. All in time.

novajohn01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new skimmer,never used ,coralife rated 4 a 65g,give ya a good deal on it if u still need one

OP
OP
scason

scason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know how much and will see if I can talk wife into it. We do need one for sure.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back