Jason's Nano in 90

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the start of my nano in 90 tank. I had some extra acrylic laying around from some other fish related projects so figured I would give this a shot. The tank will be around 8x10x8" and will be an all in one.

So far the only thing I have bought for this tank is the 1/2" bulkhead at $6. Everything else was scraps and extra equipment I've had laying around from years in the hobby. I will update my tank cost separate from my livestock cost as I go.

Here is the basic plan for the tank though I'm sure it will change as the project progresses.

Today I bent what will be the front and sides of the tank.

I should be able to cut the acrylic to it's final height tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jasonp87

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a real competitor. Making your own tank; impressive. I'll be following this one. :couch2:

Thanks! Hopefully it goes well. I've built a lot of stuff, including my sump, but not a tank, yet.

Progress shots from today. I got the panel with the overflow installed as well as the baffles. I'm skipping the fuge section since the area is already so small (I told you there would be changes :) )

OP
OP
jasonp87

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final progress of the work done today.

The tank just needs a bottom now which I should be able to finish off tomorrow.

OP
OP
jasonp87

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It holds water!! I have it running over night just to test it out. I have the pump dialed down to less than 50% output right now, that keeps the water from splashing over the front. If all goes well tonight I should be adding water, sand and rock tomorrow.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome so far, cant wait to see this come together.

OP
OP
jasonp87

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my light for this tank today. I will be using a Par38 LED bulb. The light has 4 blues and 2 white LEDs. I'm hoping the light from this bulb over such a small tank should be more than adequate for any kind of coral I end up putting in.

Now I am just trying to determine how much water I'm losing to evap to see if an ATO is worth while. I have one on my other tank and love it so I'm leaning toward putting one on this tank as well. The smallest heater I can find should round out the equipment on this tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back