OP
OP
K

knap_123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've got to get some pics up soon. But I'm going to redo my spa flex still. But I did manage to get a chiller, a broke skimmer I repaired and some really smelly, dead rock I'm in love with! Haha I got it curing now. And my sumps not ready yet but in the works. I'm sure I'm not going to make deadline. But I will continue my build.

OP
OP
K

knap_123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I tried this skimmer in my 75 just to see . Big difference in foam production. So I modded the propeller to see if truism helps. I will eventually get a sca 301 skimmer. Before

Global

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the build and the DIY on everything. :D

How did the newly modded impeller go compared to standard? Much of a difference?

OP
OP
K

knap_123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting to see, it's running now. I had to force myself to leave the house. I was just starring at bubbles. In the water with rock cureing there's a lot of ammonia and funk. So the Original foamed good. But in good water not so much.

Last edited:

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this thread when you first started it and am only now catching up! Very cool build. I also did a seahorse build starting in May,( I think). My tank was very simple compared to yours,( in fact I feel like I cheated). I just moved one of my 2 returns from my bowfront over to the 30g seahorse tank, put on a HOB overflow box and done. I too am getting H erectus, in fact I will be ordering them this week, maybe even tonight. I will be following your progress. It's lookin' good!

OP
OP
K

knap_123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll, I wasn't happy with my little mod or maybe just bored. So I threaded some fishing line through the holes. And it really made a difference on bubble size.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%
Back